Generator Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously though, that's one of the biggest complaints I have heard when going to comps over the last few years...loud generators at night.

One of the comps I was at I could not hear my teammate right next to me. The team next to us had a very loud generator that they only ran when necessary but it was still quite loud.

I just will have to continue my search.

Thank youto everyone for the advice. As always you are a great bunch of people to ask questions of.

If you want the Honda, wait until you have enough to get the one you want. Buying something temporarily only means you are father away from the one you really want. Maybe check craiglist or local papers for a used one. I've seriously thought about buying one of those Sam's or Pep Boys models thinking they were really cheap. Someone I know works on these things and said you are best to stay away and just bite the bullet and buy the Honda. Buy the best and you'll never wish you had. Good luck!!

Find a small lawn mower shop with a guy who can order you one. Trade BBQ for a wholesale price.

Get the Honda.

Show him some cleavage too.
lol
:roll:

hahahaha
Just joking folks

Diva so far your total starting load wattage is
Knife--------- -100w
coffee P------1500w
Traegers------600w
Flor. lites-------50w
rope lites-------25w
w. cooler------600w based on a 1/5 HP compressor

A 3500 watt surge genset will start all the above
3500 watts surge is about 2750 watts continuous
When using any genorater keep the cord lenth as short as posible & use
heavy gauge cords. at least #14 wire size
You will also have to balance the load on the genset,
When your ready PM me for more details

Bruce B said:
Keep in mind most comps (especially Oinktoberfest :LOL: ) have a fairly well enforced quiet time....hope that generator is quiet, because Wittdog needs his beauty sleep.
I could be RumpleF____stillskin and I wouldn't get enough beauty sleep...they ain't no cure for ugly.
Pigs is the one you have to worry about he is a light sleeper...

wittdog said:
Bruce B said:
Keep in mind most comps (especially Oinktoberfest :LOL: ) have a fairly well enforced quiet time....hope that generator is quiet, because Wittdog needs his beauty sleep.
I could be RumpleF____stillskin and I wouldn't get enough beauty sleep...they ain't no cure for ugly.
Pigs is the one you have to worry about he is a light sleeper...

:damnfunny

Back
Top Bottom