Garden starting to give it up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Garden starting to provide some fresh veggies. Dinner tonight was a salad of fresh picked spinach and green onions, homemade pumpernickel croutons, homemade raspberry vinegrette and bleu cheese crumbles, then grilled fresh asparagus marinated with Italian dressing, and thin sliced angus flank steak with Billy's Beefmaster grilled just barely med rare. It was outstanding. We dug in before I thought to get the camera - even the wife thought it was worth a pic.

Sounds good. I remember when I was a kid my mom was always pulling fresh veggies out of the garden. Beans, corn, squash and one of my favorites was swiss chard. I really need to start a garden man. Next year.

Toby keil said:
Sounds good. I remember when I was a kid my mom was always pulling fresh veggies out of the garden. Beans, corn, squash and one of my favorites was swiss chard. I really need to start a garden man. Next year.
I have multi colored swiss chard almost big enough to pick

Your growing bleu cheese ?? Seriously, I cant wait to get our garden going here..or should I say I cant wait for my wife to get our garden going..MMMM, I can almost taste fresh tomato sandwich's

Rag said:
My asparagus is coming in nice. I have eaten so much I have to pee outside.
I want to grow asparagus but I've never seen seeds or anything how do you go about it?

Justaguy said:
Rag said:
I want to grow asparagus but I've never seen seeds or anything how do you go about it?
You buy roots and plant them in the spring. Best to buy all male as they will become a weed coming up everywhere otherwise. They are easy to grow and require little effort. Lots of how-to info on the web

big dude said:
Justaguy said:
Rag said:
You buy roots and plant them in the spring. Best to buy all male as they will become a weed coming up everywhere otherwise. They are easy to grow and require little effort. Lots of how-to info on the web

big dude has it right. Little old lady next village over sells them for a dollar a bunch that fits in a chunk food charlie quart container. She grows the best sweet peas too.

Pigs

Justaguy said:
Rag said:

What Big Wheel said.....buy (mail order) root stock.
The world is my urinal.
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom