Garden?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
So is any one planting a garden this year? My old pal Harold down on the farm
just got the grain drill out of the tool shed to get it ready for planting.
Only a hundred or so more day's to go for sweet corn around here. :D Last
year was not that great due to lack of rain. I sure hope this years crop
will be better!
Pigs

I have about 12 tomatoes on the Early Girls that are starting to ripen
The Celebrity Tomatoes are just blooms
Green Onions we are eating already
Cilantro is about played out

As far as I know, we're planting a garden at a friend's house and sharing with him and his wife. Les mentioned it to me last week asking if I'd have a problem going over there to work in it. My only stipulation is that I don't get stuck doing all the work and have someone else take all the food! I don't know his friend's wife that well and he works with this guy. Lately, they've only been home on weekends and maybe one or two nights a week........that doesn't leave time for gardening!

My neighbor's tomato plants are shooting up already.
We're thinking about planting some squash.

Saw the first Vidalia's of the season at Costco yesterday.

Wow, they must be harvesting earlier this year. I know they've had nice, nice weather down in that area for a while. When we were there the last week of March, it was in the 80s and even the low 90s one day. I hope the Vidalias keep better this year. Last year, they were already getting soft in the grocery stores around here so I wouldn't buy any to take home.

One thing I learned living down there is that if there's a lot of rain during the growing season, they are more strong and don't store well. My dad was telling us that he thinks some of the "early" crops people get in the spring are actually from storage so they can put that year's crop in and get rid of the old. Not sure how true that is but he does live in the area and talks to farmers.

Captain Morgan said:
My neighbor's tomato plants are shooting up already.
We're thinking about planting some squash.

Saw the first Vidalia's of the season at Costco yesterday.
I love them Vidalias :D

Back
Top Bottom