Funky Gunk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cliff,

I have the same problem. Sometimes the lid is stuck so hard that I have to struggle to lift it off. I always run with a Guru so there's plenty of air. I don't think I'm using too much wood 'cause the food doesn't taste overly smokey.

I just use a paint scraper every once and a while on the lid and the rim of the center section.

Al

Uncle Al said:
Cliff,

I have the same problem. Sometimes the lid is stuck so hard that I have to struggle to lift it off. I always run with a Guru so there's plenty of air. I don't think I'm using too much wood 'cause the food doesn't taste overly smokey.

I just use a paint scraper every once and a while on the lid and the rim of the center section.

Al

Glad to see someone besides me having the unfortunate problem. I would like to say it just from using the thing so much but I don't think that will fly around here.

I am going to steam it off. The thing is that once it starts it will keep on dripping and there will always be the welded lid or the sticking problem that looks like Neo's lips sticking shut from the Matrix movie. :LOL:

Uncle Al said:
Hey Cliff

Just out of curiosity what kind of lump are you burning???

Al

Ozark Oak, made here in Ar. I may give RO a try next time.

FYI, I sprayed the whole inside of my wsm last night with oven cleaner and closed all the vents. I broke it down and hosed it off this morning. That really got it cleaned up for the most part. There are still some heavy streaks that are being stubborn. I think I am going to spray it down again.

That should do it.

The mid section was as nasty as the lid but the Easy Off really cut thru that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom