From The Outhouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Got this from Old Man Jim who I have known for yeas on other bbq lists. I thought I'd share it here. And yes, I didn't know about the tab thing. :oops:

Pigs

Well, WHO reads the FOIL BOX??? I had no idea....but I there it wuz!

You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of
the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over.
The damn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw
out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and
looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press
here to lock end. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock
the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I
then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I
then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count
the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was
trying to cover something up.

I'm sharing this with y'all hope'n I'm not the only dummy that didn't
know nothin about this.

--
Ole Man Jim

Jody read that somewhere several weeks ago. Everyone she shared it with (including me :oops: ) didn't know about it.

--John
(Who the heck reads the ends of boxes?
303.gif
)

Relatively new member of the "Dummy Club" I read that on some site about two months ago...never knew it until then.

Dang I been knowing about them little locking times on the ends since the Dead Sea was still only sick. Would have gladly mentioned it but never thought about anybody not knowing. I am so ashamed :oops:

bigwheel

A friend of mine pointed that out to me a few months back. Now if they could come up with a great way for the saran wrap to cut clean and easy and for the saran wrap to stick to things other than itself, I would be happy!

Well this lack o knowledge about the little tabs on the end of tifoil is sorta skerry. It could be just the tip of the ice burg of other thangs unknown. :shock:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well this lack o knowledge about the little tabs on the end of tifoil is sorta skerry. It could be just the tip of the ice burg of other thangs unknown. :shock:

bigwheel

In my case I'm sure it is.

Well you bunch of dummies. Can I be the president of the club because I didn't know it either. Learn something new all the time.

Nick Prochilo said:
A friend of mine pointed that out to me a few months back. Now if they could come up with a great way for the saran wrap to cut clean and easy and for the saran wrap to stick to things other than itself, I would be happy!

Nick,

I bought one of these for saran wrap about a year ago. I bought it from Linens n Things (now out of business). I think it works well.

http://www.wrapmasterusa.com/?gclid=CMq ... GgodZ1emmw

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom