Friday the 13 Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well we are doing pretty well all thing considered….I almost went into work the night of the storm but my gut told me to stay home. The storm took out my BBQ shade maples in the back yard but missed the house and the cars ….and Buford…We have been without power since Thursday night and may be without it for up to 2 weeks..I managed to get a generator from Lowes on Friday (cliff you work for a good company)..there is still an issues of flooding but because of the generator we don’t have to worry…In fact I managaged to hook up my 61in TV and dish and watch the Bills game (Bruce I owe you something)….along with a nice cook on Buford and some cold beer..

My back yard

We live on a street that had a lot of old grow trees and they took a beating……I have some pics I will post at a latter date …right now we are having some problems with the putter…Needless to say it was a sight to see and hear the branches cracking and the transformers blowing and lighting the sky up. I’m having a hell of a time trying to post this……but I am running the putter off the generator :roll: :oops: I missed you guys [smilie=poke.gif]

Glad the Witt family is OK :D
Can't believe how much snow you got, good thing it didn't happen a few weeks ago. Oinktoberfest would have been a real hoot :shock:

Hmmmm......Maple wood.....need I say more? ;)

A wild ride indeed. We are lucky that our power came on Friday. the Coleman lantern and sterno for cooking came in handy. wittdog may be with out power till this weekend. My garage had roof damage from trees and has a few huge holes from tree limbs crashing threw the roof that sucks, but can be repaired.. There isn't a tree that has not been damaged in the whole village. It sure was nuts watching the sky light up with blue when transformers were blowing up! I mean just like day light with a blue haze. Only thing I was worried about was my freezers. Still looks like a war zone around here.

glad to hear you came out of it ok and still managed to fire up buford! We had a snow like that in October about 10 years ago and I know what you mean with the cracklin limbs and blowin transformers, it's definately a sight to see

We still don't have power.....there are still like 250,000 people with out power in the area...haven't seen a electric truck on the street yet....It got cold last night.....supposed to be warmer today and later in the week....Here are some pics of the street…

Still no power...the Pens were nice enought to come by yesterday with a chain saw and dinner (Its a shame it took a natural disaster for John to bring some homemade Italian Sausage over :roll: )

Nice little hacienda you got there Witt....too many freekin' trees though. Love the front porch. Gots to have a big front porch.

Bruce B said:
Nice little hacienda you got there Witt....too many freekin' trees though. Love the front porch. Gots to have a big front porch.
Bruce that ain't my house :oops: Still no power :x

Back
Top Bottom