Fresh Grown Screwdrivers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
What happens when you have a bunch of surplus oranges, vodka, a marinating syringe and idle time? You make fresh grown screwdrivers. Lol.....
I injected these oranges with vodka
img_255197_0_42ef3ec9709b3a5ebdea4333050d39ca.jpg

img_255197_1_48f2dad827e3e963da888bc3e703d2b3.jpg

I'm going to let these sit until later this evening and then squeeze them or maybe just slice and eat 'em.
img_255197_2_adb577abdec85804bf8c0c8ddfc22aab.jpg

img_255197_3_91032726597a212cb21e88f8a9b14715.jpg

Bartender, a round for the house! Looks good, are you going to throw them in the fridge for a bit or are they already cool?

If ya roll 'em around on the table top, gently pressing down with the palm of your hand BEFORE you inject them, the vodka will mix in better. Basically, you are breaking open the juice from the pulp sacks. Don't ask me how I know this...

BOB
and, BECAUSE YOU CAN!

If ya roll 'em around on the table top, gently pressing down with the palm of your hand BEFORE you inject them, the vodka will mix in better. Basically, you are breaking open the juice from the pulp sacks. Don't ask me how I know this...

BOB
and, BECAUSE YOU CAN!

I was going to say sounds like we have an expert here ;)

BOB
and, BECAUSE YOU CAN!

That's exactly what I did.
Oh, and yes, because I can. Why not?

Alright so last night I tested squeezing only one orange and sure enough I could taste the vodka alright. A little while ago I decided to squeeze myself a cocktail. :) I squeezed five vodka injected blood oranges and ended up with this 16 oz cup and more of sweet intoxicating deliciousness. It actually should contain about 1 2/3 oz. of vodka.
img_255230_0_7b4ab6ee0e752bced3241a30e81c3e8d.jpg

Woow..that could make a person want to go to Dallas and write hot checks in the wee hours of the morn. Good job.

Sippin on Red Wine is a cure for what ails a person. Hows things up in the Mainer State? Do you get Wealth TV? They have a great series on Maine light houses. Very cool. Know yall have giant crawdads. Right? lol.

Back
Top Bottom