Forum update...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I talked with the owner of the "BBQ 4 U" trademark last night for about 40 minutes. We were able to come to an agreement that will make both sides happy and keep us (me) out of court and from having to pay lawyer fees!!

The name of the forum and all references will continue to not reflect "BBQ-4-U" or "BBQ-4-U.com" FYI, dashes and spaces are considered the same thing (my lawyer told me). So, you have all noticed that anything that had the name "BBQ-4-U" or a similar instance has been changed to something else to avoid any potential confusion (amazon sells grills and so does he)

However, he is letting me continue to use the www.BBQ-4-u.com as the main address for the forum which is all I really wanted any way in the whole deal...a name is a name but the address is key to me!

I also learned that he is going after everyone who is using "BBQ 4 U" in some form or fashion relating to bbq, catering, grills and the like...which is certainly his prerogative.

He is also an expert in tri-tip cooking and Santa Maria style BBQ! So, in then end, while I was unhappy about giving up the name, I did come to find that we had more in common than just the name!! ;)

I am happy with this outcome and also happy that we could work this out between us without having to pay big money on lawyers and court stuff.

Keep the new names coming in the other thread!! ;)

Trademark...

Helen, as Finney said, he lived right in the heart of Santa Maria style BBQ for 40 years prior to moving out to Tuscon, AZ...where he now spreads the tri-tip goodness to the folks out there. ;)

He knew where Lompoc was as soon as I said it! 8)

Bruce B said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":aaw9uvqo]He thinks he's an expert...please don't tell me this guy lives in my area?

Californians..........what ya gonna do? [smilie=a_whyme.gif][/quote:aaw9uvqo]

well ya cant spank em anymore :roll:

cflatt said:
Bruce B said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":2f67k25v]He thinks he's an expert...please don't tell me this guy lives in my area?

Californians..........what ya gonna do? [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

well ya cant spank em anymore :roll:[/quote:2f67k25v]

Now thats funny.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":14sldvpe]He thinks he's an expert...please don't tell me this guy lives in my area?

Californians..........what ya gonna do? [smilie=a_whyme.gif][/quote:14sldvpe]

Thump you over the head.

ScottyDaQ said:
Expert in Tri-Tip? Wow. :shock:
Sounds like the next Podcast to me. [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]
He's taking our name put him on the round table...on a friday night after some of our members have had some adult bev...that would be a great pod cast. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom