For all you Firemen and Firewomen, or if you just Firetrucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick you are correct….lets see BW…has insulted mental handicapped people, women, and people of Polish ancestry, by the end of the week..he should probably cover the rest of the hot topic issues and by next week he’ll be xplaining how the holocaust never happened…..everytime he tries to type something he is an insult to our intellegence.....I love being on a forum with a hate monger.........

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Thanks for posting the info Finney. Lil'quer and I have it marked for watching. I am always interested in new tech. By the way, do you desing any Hazmat trucks? We just got one at CFD. I'll send pics when its done.

Yep. Here's one we did for New Orleans.
nd-284.jpg

I think it was Winston Churchill who said something to the effect of, The greatest evil occurs when good men do nothing. [smilie=a_hrm.gif]

Bruce B said:
Nice truck Chris, how much did that bad boy cost? Did it survive the hurricane?
Not sure about the final costs of those units Bruce. New Orleans has lots of our trucks of varying types. Funny thing (okay, not funny) is they lease their trucks and many were damaged during the flooding. Those trucks had to be replaced under the lease.

Re: For all you Firemen and Firewomen, or if you just Firetr

Finney said:
The National Geographic Channel will air the program Tools of the Trade: "Fire Trucks" this Thursday, September 21, at 8:00 pm ET/PT.
Chris, I posted your message to my motorcycle board, which has a lot of firefighters, and they were grateful for the information. This morning at the gym I asked some of the firefighters who work out there (their station is just down the block) if they knew about it, and they didn't. They too were glad to have the information. Odd that the word hasn't gotten out! Anyhow, for them, thanks for your post. :D

--John 8)

Finney said:
Bruce B said:
Nice truck Chris, how much did that bad boy cost? Did it survive the hurricane?
Not sure about the final costs of those units Bruce. New Orleans has lots of our trucks of varying types. Funny thing (okay, not funny) is they lease their trucks and many were damaged during the flooding. Those trucks had to be replaced under the lease.

We use to lease our patrol cars also. We lost one in an accident and had to replace it, well the insurance company had to replace it. Hopefully, they had their insurance up to par.

Finney

The Phoenix FD American LaFrance mid engine was prominently featured. I'm with Puff, do you ever get to drive one, use the siren, etc.? Cool rig. One last question, how many miles a gallon of fuel does a truck hauling around hundreds of gallons of water get?

Griff

Griff said:
Finney

The Phoenix FD American LaFrance mid engine was prominently featured. I'm with Puff, do you ever get to drive one, use the siren, etc.? Cool rig. One last question, how many miles a gallon of fuel does a truck hauling around hundreds of gallons of water get?

Griff

Griff, when it's your house on fire, you don't really care how many miles to the gallon they get. The biggest thing with the trucks is engine hours. We are at the scene in a few minutes but the truck pumps like there's no tomorrow for an hour or so during the fire. That's when they eat up some fuel. We had a lumber yard fire here and had to have a tanker come in and re-fuel the trucks during the fire to keep us going. Driving is fun but not nearly as fun as when we used to be able to ride on the back step! Sorry Chris, didn't mean to rain on your parade!

Nick

You are 100% correct. Fuel mileage is not a variable that ever enters into the equation. You want them to arrive fast. That's why they put sirens and flashing lights on firetrucks. I was just curious. I've often wondered the same thing about freight trains and container ships. I have never thought about the firetruck sitting there burning fuel driving the pumps. It was an informative show.

Griff

HFD26 said:
Ride on the tailboard? Damm Nick you are an old head like me. :LOL: :LOL:

I remember riding on the tailboard of an old John Bean hi pressure truck. The water tank was in the rear and the water sloshed over the handrail when you took off fast. The joke was to watch as the rookie stood there all excited with his boots down (ya, pre bunker pants), the water sloshed and filled his boots. Ahhh...those were the days..pull up boots, rubber coats, redball gloves and metal helmets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom