fishing last week in the Yukon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Buck hate to be the bearer of bad news but folks in Colorado and Texas catch how ever many trout the fish and game folks decide to let go in the streams Rivers etc. I sit in on the Chamber of Commerce meeting at the combo restaurant/beer joint at Almont CO one time. About a third of the way to Crested Butte..Taylor Resovoir..and Gunnison. All the speakers was nagging cuz they needed the perch pimps to dump mo fish so the dumb Texans might be able to catch one or two if they ready to wet a hook. Follow the money.

DB, two things. First, you have to fly in. Second, the Yukon territorial government protects the resource with a slot restriction -- release everything over 24", and you can't fly any fish out. You can kill as much as you can eat fresh, but that's it. Works for me.

Sure was some fine looking fish. Can imagine how slow they grow in that cold water. Sounds like some sound management on the resources. Guv'nor Palin in just a smarty pants to think up all them rules huh?

Griff said:
DB, two things. First, you have to fly in. Second, the Yukon territorial government protects the resource with a slot restriction -- release everything over 24", and you can't fly any fish out. You can kill as much as you can eat fresh, but that's it. Works for me.

Nice! Other states oughtta follow suit. :) thanks Griff

I know what you mean, Cap'n. I've dropped 20 pounds over the last year. I haven't changed the food so much as smaller portions.

Back
Top Bottom