Fish and Chips.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
.....with a side of hush puppies. cod was on sale so fish and chips were on order. Made a beer batter and found a simple recipe for the hush puppies. Of course everything was drowned in malt vinegar!!

Damn John Cook it up brother!

Here is a question for you. I remember you saying that you were raised in Michigan, my question is where abouts, of you do not mind me asking.

Damn John Cook it up brother!

Here is a question for you. I remember you saying that you were raised in Michigan, my question is where abouts, of you do not mind me asking.

I grew up in Carson City MI, till my senior year then we moved to Edmore. Edmore is about 30 miles south of Mt Pleasant and Carson City is about 25 miles south of Edmore.

Fish and Chips might be the only way I have ever had cod. Yours looks at least as good as any I have ever seen. Love the stuff especially with the malt vinegar.

Yall are going to force us into trying the Bloomin Limey place which aint far off. Just been reading the online brochure. It says its free of smoke and drunks. Who woulda thunk it? Must be owned by commie liberals. They also have Shepherds Pie. Whatever that is.

From Across The Pond

I got family in Mt. Pleasant. Really I have family all over the state. One time I went to Oscoda, at which before that had never been there in my life. An older gentleman walked up to me, grabbed my arm, and proceeded to tell me my family history. Normally I would not think anything of it, just a nice old man, wanting someone to talk to right? Only this time it was a bit different, he knew me by name, and new a whole deal about my family. Not to mention this was the ONLY time I had set foot in this town. After a few minutes, I asked him how he knew me, and of my family. He said he had known my grandfather, and my father. Then he looked me straight in the eye and said, think about it, you all look alike, and have the same damn name, there was a good chance you, were you. Then he just smiled, I have to admit, I kinda had a shitty grin on my face too. Old gentleman 1, young whipper snapper 0.

Back
Top Bottom