First Storm of the Year Winter 2010/2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
It’s been snowing here steady since about 9am yesterday (Wednesday). The NYS thruway has been closed since last night. We’ve gotten about 2ft of snow if not more in 24hrs. But don’t worry Mr Pen is safe up North his grass is probably still green. That’s the way these lake effect events go.

To give you guys an idea of how much snow we got here is my 22 WSM

Smokehouse and RK

The RK was fired up yesterday and will be tonight
Command Central for BBQ operations

It was nine years ago that we got 7ft in 3 days

We are 40 min north of Witt and yea, my grass is still unscathed ! He can have it... Im not sure if I ever mentioned how much I hate winter..

I got up this morning to see where a moose had bedded down in my front yard sometinme during the night and melted the snow. That's 12' from my front door. I saw it across the street at 9:30am but it was still to dark to take a pic.

[attachment=0:6lvncnnx]m1.JPG[/attachment:6lvncnnx]

Griff said:
I got up this morning to see where a moose had bedded down in my front yard sometinme during the night and melted the snow. That's 12' from my front door. I saw it across the street at 9:30am but it was still to dark to take a pic.

[attachment=0:110v3w0b]m1.JPG[/attachment:110v3w0b]

That is so cool Griff!

OK, some news. That storm I was warned about basically missed Toronto. We got 3 cm. London Ontario, down the road 2 hours, where I did lots of schooling, got 103 cm. That's 40 inches in a single snowfall. They're expecting up to 20 more inches. Largest storm since 1977 apparently.

[youtube:4u54i9gm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi4L2U3p8Gc[/youtube:4u54i9gm]
[youtube:4u54i9gm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-U59lX_Ks[/youtube:4u54i9gm]

It snowed in Ireland as well, so I think they need a bailout.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom