first barbecue experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unity

Executive Chef
By myself tonight, I thawed a meal-size bag of pulled pork, and while I was enjoying a sandwich a small bit of pork bounced from the edge of the table onto my napkin onto the floor. No problem.

As I was clearing the table, our 4-yr-old cat, Doofus, started checking out the meat on the floor. He has never eaten meat, dry food only, except for the crickets and other buggy things he torments and eats. The pork smell had him. He started checking the flavor, the mouth feel, definitely savoring it -- WHAM! he retreats about 4 ft and stands there looking puzzled.

I realized that the wham! was when the spices grabbed hold and zapped his entire mouth with more-extreme taste than he had ever imagined. Swine Syndicate rub plus Scott's vinegar/pepper sauce. Whooooeeeee!

--John
(Please don't report me to ASPCA or PETA or something.)

Our newest feline acquisition will jump up into your dinner plate and eat everything you own if you aint careful. She is currently out dove hunting. Done brought in two giant rats and laid em out in the living floor for our viewing pleasure I suppose. She aint but a little short of turning from a kitten to a cat. Think she gonna be a good mouser but her dove hunting skills needs some fine tuning. Crazy thang likes water. Her favorite game is for somebody to turn the kitchen faucet on to a dribble..then she will spend hours biting and slapping at the water drops. Has the weakest meow I ever hear come out of a cat. That might be a sign of something. Loves to sit in your lap and get petted while kneading them sharp claws into your skin. I broke her of the habit of sinking the claws in your skin when she climbs up into your lap. She surprised me with that trick one day and I accidentally back handed her about 20 feet. Now she jumps and lands square in your lap whilst keeping the claws in the sheath. Cat's learn fast. She likes her kitty treats which come in the little blue bag. The other old fat cat likes the treats in the yellow bag.

bigwheel

I really, strongly, to my core, totally dislike
14.gif

Back
Top Bottom