First attempt at "Paella de Mariscos"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I was with my wife shopping at "World Market" and found a Paella pan from Spain so I bought it. Next is to use it so I love seafood "Mariscos" and decided to make "Paella de Mariscos" with the pan... I googled recipes and found one I could tweak .... Here is what it basically has in it... Well late me run you through the process...First, I browned the Mariscos mix from HEB in olive oil.. Set it to the side. Then I took olive oil and browned 1/2 red bell pepper chopped, 1/2 onion chopped & 4 garlic cloves chopped.. Now I took 3 Roma Tomaters and skinned them then chopped and added to the other veggies and cooked more. Next a table spoon of paprika & a table spoon of sea salt.Mixed all together.. Then added a bag of Mahatma Spanish rice & Saffron yellow rice to the veggies and browned the rice like we do for regular Spanish rice. I then added a cup of dry white wine & a cup of clam juice and bring to a boil.... Keep stirring until the rice has just a little bit of water left. Now add Artichoke hearts, green peas 1 cup & the Mariscos mix from earlier...stir it up and have your over preheated to 350 degrees in the meantime. Put the paella pan in the oven for 25 minutes and relax... Take it out and foil it until it is warm and not too hot.. Garnish with lemons slices and dig in!!! This stuff is awesome!!! If you come to Corpus.. I will personally make a batch for you!!!!

Regards,

Sapo!!!

[youtube:1k0w1iqq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfSlKi6Ss0A[/youtube:1k0w1iqq]

[youtube:1k0w1iqq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-a0Er_-ngw[/youtube:1k0w1iqq]

SANY0061.JPG

SANY0064.JPG

SANY0065.JPG

SANY0067.JPG

SANY0069.JPG

SANY0073.JPG

SANY0076.JPG

SANY0079.JPG

SANY0080.JPG

SANY0083.JPG

SANY0085.JPG

SANY0087.JPG

SurfinSapo%27s%20Mariscos%20Paella.jpg

Tip for everyone.... Season the pan in the oven first or you will get more iron than you want... Aka Rusty Food..

Back
Top Bottom