Finney and St. Patty's Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Finney --> :mornin: tomorrow morning after a night out with friends :partyman: doing too much of this :drinkers: and then doing this :vom: and then :drinkers: some more :bar: and some more :smt078 He will need :mcoffee: to make him :happyd:

St. Patrick's Day: the one day of the year when the 2% of the world's
population that's Irish gets the other 98% completely shitfaced.

Leg 1: 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.

Rise and shine early. Take a long, hot shower, and liberally use aftershave, perfume, cologne, deodorant and powders afterwards,
because by 3p.m., you will be excreting raw alcohol and other poisons, and without proper preparations, you will smell like a three-day dead cat wrapped in a fraternity carpet.

The bars open at 9, so use this time to prepare. Collect the following
supplies and put them in a place where you will easily be able to findit in
an impaired condition. We recommend the bathroom floor, between the toilet and the baseboard heater, since that's where you'll probably end up:

1 quart spring water
1 bottle aspirin
5 pairs Depends undergarment
1 bottle Percocet
1 gram morphine sulphate
1 oz. human adrenaline extract
1 precharged electric defibrillator
4 Cardiac needles
1 trauma surgeon

Brew a strong pot of coffee. Add 9 oz. Jameson Irish whiskey, drink.
Note that coffee should be drunk liberally throughout the day. There is a reason that the Irish invented Irish Coffee; unless you ingest a large volume of artificial stimulants throughout the course of St. Patrick's Day, you are going to die.

Arrange to be picked up to be taken to the bar by 8:45 a.m. We cannot
stress enough that you should not drink and drive. There is no reason to
chance losing your license or killing someone in a drunken state when you
have plenty of idiot friends willing to take that risk on your behalf.

Leg 2: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Arrive at the bar right when it opens. Make sure this is an Irish bar if
at all possible. An Irish bar in Boston is the best alternative, since
Boston in Gaelic means West Kilarney. However, almost every city in America has bars called The Blarney Stone, McSomethings, or The Dirty Mick. Just try to ignore the fact that the bar is probably owned by Koreans.

Secure a barstool and do not leave it under any circumstances. The bar is
liable to be packed by noon, and real Irish people do not wait in line for drinks, no matter what the consequences. While we do recommend the use of an adult undergarment to mask unpleasant smells, it really doesn't matter. By afternoon, you'll be sopping wet with spilled beer anyway, and your mild urine smell will be completely overpowered by the toxic stench of vomit.

We recommend starting out with a few more Irish Coffees to spike the stimulant level, however, you should not order an "Irish Coffee," as you will be given a fruity little glass mug topped with whipped cream and a
cherry, and some guy named Seamus will call you a yuppie poseur while putting a cigarette out on your neck. Ask for coffee with whiskey and ask
the bartender to leave the whipped cream can, as nothing will add spice to your day like the occasional whippet.

Leg 3: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

It's lunchtime! You may not be hungry, but it's important to eat something, because like Sheriff Bart said in Blazing Saddles:" Man drink like that, and don't eat, he is going to die."

If you want to maintain your buzz and not get that hideous, bloated
feeling that could slow down your drinking, there are only two options:
popcorn or Pop Tarts. Both have the carbohydrates you'll need to give you energy, both will soak up excess bile in your stomach, and both have
names that are hard to slur. If you start slurring your words too early, you'll hear the most frightening phrase in the English language on St. Patrick's Day besides I'm pregnant: "You're cut off".

By now, you should switch off of coffee drinks to beer. You have only one
option here: Guinness stout. You may be tempted to order green beer, but remember: beer doesn't always turn green because of food coloring.

Leg 3: 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.

By now, the bar is definitely crowded as people take long lunches and bail out of work early to tie one on. If you're doing your job correctly, the bar should look twice or three times as crowded as it really is.

By now, you may be in conversation with some real Irish people, since the person you came with has likely been taken away by ambulance. Some conversational points to remember when talking to the Irish are:

Football really means Soccer, and you should be more passionate about it
than you are about your wife or husband AND The English are all piss-arsed, pig-humpers who should be lined up and kicked into the Liffey.

If you remember those two points, as well at least three derogatory
names for Margaret Thatcher, you can talk to the Irish for hours. You should continue to drink Guinness throughout this leg, although you may want to have another Irish Coffee if your heartbeat has become irregular.

The Home Stretch: 7 p.m. to Closing

Your goal, of course, is to be the last person to leave the bar at closing time. This will be impossible, since a blood alcohol content of .50 usually equals death, and you should be pushing a .35 or .40 by now.

The only way for a true Irishman to leave a bar before closing time with honor is to be hauled away by the police. Throw a punch. It doesn't
matter who you hit or why; no one's made any sense since 3 o'clock,
anyway.
You will be beaten mercilessly, since your fine motor control has been
gone since the late morning, but it doesn't matter since you can't feel anything.

Depending on your community, the police shouldarrive within fifteen minutes to scrape you off the floor and clap you in irons. The final impression you leave is the most important: as you are being dragged from the bar, begin screaming that you want to take your drink with you. You will be a legend, and by now the friend who took you to the ba should have had his or her stomach pumped, and will be able to bail you out.

By following these simple guidelines, your St. Patrick's Day experience would be one you would never forget if it weren't physically and biologically impossible for you to remember any of it. Tune in next month
for our next self- help guide: The Pros and Cons of Waking Up Naked In a Dumpster.

Happy St. Patty's

Rob

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney --> :mornin: tomorrow morning after a night out with friends :partyman: doing too much of this :drinkers: and then doing this :vom: and then :drinkers: some more :bar: and some more :smt078 He will need :mcoffee: to make him :happyd:
And then he makes the drive home ~ No work tomorrow!!! :LOL:

1) I ain't Irish.

2) I'm 47 years old

3) I get hangovers really bad.

4) I have a job that in manufacturing sales that is demanding all of my attention.

When I drink, it is usually reserved for a weekend or some night when I can have a full day to recover. My remaining # of brain cells is limited and I can't afford to be foggy ! Ya'll have fun though! Woodprude!

Woodman said:
1) I ain't Irish.

2) I'm 47 years old

3) I get hangovers really bad.

4) I have a job that in manufacturing sales that is demanding all of my attention.

When I drink, it is usually reserved for a weekend or some night when I can have a full day to recover. My remaining # of brain cells is limited and I can't afford to be foggy ! Ya'll have fun though! Woodprude!

#2 is BS. I'm 47 also and that doesn't even slow me down! The youngsters at the firehouse have troubles keeping pace with me when we decide to go at it!
#1 sucks also! I'm not irish, but they are a fun group to hang with!!!!

Back
Top Bottom