feels like soup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Damp, rainy, dreary...got some thighs I need to cook...I think its a good soup day..gonna do the standard chicken, onions, carrots, celery, seasoning...might throw in tomatoes towards the end..anybody do something differant ?..Ill serve with rice..

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I love soup season. Chili season, stew season. :LOL:

bbq season, grilling season, baking season, raw seafood season, venison season...

or...

Why I weigh as much as I do...lol

john pen said:
Damp, rainy, dreary...got some thighs I need to cook...I think its a good soup day..gonna do the standard chicken, onions, carrots, celery, seasoning...might throw in tomatoes towards the end..anybody do something differant ?..Ill serve with rice..
John pitch the rice and make some drop noodles....
2cups flour
2 Eggs
pinch of salt
enough water to make a paste
When the soup is done... bring to a boil and drop some in on a spoon, and then watch them float to the top...

wittdog said:
john pen said:
2cups flour
2 Eggs
pinch of salt
When the soup is done... bring to a boil and drop some in on a spoon, and then watch them float to the top...

Hmmmm...now thats why I hang here..

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I love soup season. Chili season, stew season. :LOL:
Consider white kidney beans too -- color, texture and flavor go great with chicken. (AKA cannelini or arubias -- you may have to look in the ethnic foods section of the grocery.)

Granny's Chicken Chili

1/2 onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 C. celery, chopped fine
1 lb. white kidney beans / cannelini / arubias
2 large chicken breasts (or equivalent if you're using other cuts)
1 qt. box chicken broth
2 C. water
Salt, pepper & chili powder to taste (Granny uses 1/2 t. chili powder)

--John 8)
(This is sorta chicken bean soup -- and good that way -- unless you add more chili. "Granny" is my m-i-l.)

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Just reading this post is making me sweat.....it's been in the 90's the last few days here........ :|

Bl*w me..lol..Its 59 and raining here...I hate whats going to happen in the next months to come...lots of soups and comfort foods will be needed (and alcohol). Im trying to figure a way to move where its warm for Dec, Jan and Feb...but work seems to expect me to be there if I want to keep getting a check...bast*rds...

I made beef vegetable soup last Friday. I just put all leftover veggies into a gallon freezer bag each evening after we eat and then when I get enough, I buy a roast and make soup. Add a few buillon cubes, some tomatoes, and potatoes and it's great!

It's back up in the 80s here after being in the 60s for the past two weeks. I, too, am dreading the winter looming before us.

allie said:
I made beef vegetable soup last Friday. I just put all leftover veggies into a gallon freezer bag each evening after we eat and then when I get enough, I buy a roast and make soup. Add a few buillon cubes, some tomatoes, and potatoes and it's great!

It's back up in the 80s here after being in the 60s for the past two weeks. I, too, am dreading the winter looming before us.
Get some meaty butcher bones, have him/her cut em up, roast em, add mirepoix, and you got yer own stock! Nuttin better and they're super cheap!

What is mirepoix? I've seen that term before and don't quite understand it. I bought soup bones before at Kroger and the soup was just awful!

My favorite way to make veggie soup is using a hambone. Oh man, that's some good eats!

wittdog said:
john pen said:
2cups flour
2 Eggs
pinch of salt
Where I come from those are dumplings ;)

Puff said:
wittdog said:
john pen said:
2cups flour
2 Eggs
pinch of salt

Yep... and I'm not from where you come from. :D

Finney said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:
john pen said:
2cups flour
2 Eggs
pinch of salt

Yep... and I'm not from where you come from. :D
You just wish you were 8)

Back
Top Bottom