feels like soup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff said:
Finney said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:
john pen said:
Damp, rainy, dreary...got some thighs I need to cook...I think its a good soup day..gonna do the standard chicken, onions, carrots, celery, seasoning...might throw in tomatoes towards the end..anybody do something differant ?..Ill serve with rice..
John pitch the rice and make some drop noodles....
2cups flour
2 Eggs
pinch of salt
enough water to make a paste
When the soup is done... bring to a boil and drop some in on a spoon, and then watch them float to the top...
Where I come from those are dumplings ;)

Yep... and I'm not from where you come from. :D
You just wish you were 8)
I don't even believe you do. :?

Finney said:
Puff said:
Finney said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:
[quote="john pen":263f8fya]Damp, rainy, dreary...got some thighs I need to cook...I think its a good soup day..gonna do the standard chicken, onions, carrots, celery, seasoning...might throw in tomatoes towards the end..anybody do something differant ?..Ill serve with rice..
John pitch the rice and make some drop noodles....
2cups flour
2 Eggs
pinch of salt
enough water to make a paste
When the soup is done... bring to a boil and drop some in on a spoon, and then watch them float to the top...
Where I come from those are dumplings ;)

Yep... and I'm not from where you come from. :D
You just wish you were 8)
I don't even believe you do. :?[/quote:263f8fya]
Guilty as charged :?

Big Mike said:
It's a bit chilly here as well. Some Brunswick Stew does sound good.
Mike, now your talkin', I had it downnnnn South. Good stuff ;)
How about a recipe?

Big Mike said:
Puff said:
Griff said:
I saw that one. It seems the stew can be made many different ways.
I've had it twice, and it was different both times. But damn good ;)

Very, true. There are many different recipes for brunswick stew. Mine is different than a lot of recipes I have seen, I make it like my Great Grandfather did back in Alabama.

I don't have an actual recipe. I just add my ingredients until it looks and tastes right. I'll see if I can put the recipe together and post it.

Mike
Post it up Mike ;)

I make it the way my great grandmother in Georgia made it. Like Big Mike, I don't have a true recipe but a list of ingredients, then it's pretty much to taste.

allie said:
I make it the way my great grandmother in Georgia made it. Like Big Mike, I don't have a true recipe but a list of ingredients, then it's pretty much to taste.
Post it up Allie ;)

Back
Top Bottom