Fed Ex Came...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
And just dropped of my bag of KF Competition Briquettes! Can't wait to test them out...I will document EVERYTHING with video and pictures! Of course I will talk about it on the radio show as well...perhaps a round table for some of the other who have gotten it as well.

Got to figute out what the best test would be given the weather up here.

I will snap some pics of the new bag and do a side by side of the new briquette and the regular one.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
What's the scoop with "Competition Briquettes" ? Are they bigger? Or what's the deal.

Pigs
(I'm a lump head any way) :LOL:

They are basically the same size as regular Kingsford, but they are compressed Lump Charcoal from my understanding, with a starch binder and none of the "stuff" that's in regular Kingsford.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":wyxz26i5]What's the scoop with "Competition Briquettes" ? Are they bigger? Or what's the deal.

Pigs
(I'm a lump head any way) :LOL:

They are basically the same size as regular Kingsford, but they are compressed Lump Charcoal from my understanding, with a starch binder and none of the "stuff" that's in regular Kingsford.[/quote:wyxz26i5]
Got ya. That's how Humphrey makes there's If KF is any thing like that, they will be good.

Pigs

I'm still waiting cause I'm almost out of Rancher.

If they are like Rancher they will:
1. Light easy
2. burn longer
3. have no foul smell
4. leave less ash
5. and be consistant from cook to cook

They should work perfectly using the so called minion method enabling them to migrate from coal to coal for LONG slow burns. They should also be able to get real hot for close up and personal quick steak sears. You will also be able to add a wood chunk or two to the pile and get the flavor you want in your meat.

And. When you pay for 20 lbs, you get 19.99 lbs of good fuel.

Well I don't like to be an old tole ya so type person but nearly swear they most likely just went back to when they made em right. I got this deal all figgered out. There is some gulliable folks who hangs out around heah.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom