Favorite SNL skit of all time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Since Greg is a SNL nut, What is your all time favorite SNL skit?

For me? "The Men's Synchronized Swim Team"It was shot in a film documentary format / motif with Harry Shearer (as the guy who's dream it is to take men's synchronized swimming to an olympic level), Martin Short ( as his accomodating brother......who can't swim), and Christopher Guest (as their gay coach). The sight of these two guy in the pool with nose plugs (Short with a life jacket and bathing cap acting completely retarded) swimming to Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" is absurdist humour at it's absolute finest! The two of them practicing in front of a mirror with a "water line" drawn on it while Guest sings "Oh, I know you, Yes! I know you!"with an exagerrated lisp is the series funniest moment for me! Those seasons with Shearer, Short, Guest, Crystal and Michael McKean were the pinnacle for me!

Well, have at it! Woody

Not really a skit but I liked the Jack Handy's "Deep Thoughts".
My favorite was:
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

It's really hard for me to pick just one...I'll have to compile a list and get back to you...of course, the COW BELL skit is right near the top..."I gotta have more cow bell, baby!!"

Here is the potential division of this thread...the old schoolers(many of you) and the relative new schoolers...for example, I started watching SNL when the cast was Dana Carvey, Nora Dunn, Jan Hooks, John Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Vicoria Jackson, Phil Hartman, Kevin Nealon, Tim Meadows....ya know, late 80'ish...and then on from there to present day.

I do love Steve Martin and Dan Akaroyd as the two "Wild and Crazy Guys"!!! :( :!:

Damn I miss Belushi and Farley. [-o<
crying.gif

Friggin drugs. :-X :-X :-X

1044 said:
The bees at summer camp. Best line was Belushi, I think, reporting to the counselor, "(Whoever) has been buzzing off and he has honey all over his bed."

Yeah, that line was a classic.

However, I love the "Land Shark."

I still crack up when I see them.

Jersey BBQ said:
Chris Farley was my man... The Scene when he was at Sea World getting splashed was classic.. I wish I could find it on tape or DVD. I do have the Best of SNL w/ Chris Farley DVD.

Yeah... umm ...Mem ... Member that time ... when he was on that ... umm .. show? and he did that ...umm ... stuff .... mmmember? ... yeah? .... That was Awwwsome!

Aww Gawd I sound like an IDIOT ! Auugh! I Hate myself.

Best SNL has to be any episode with Belushi doing the Samorai Chef. Really still miss that guy. It's kinda like Jerry Garcia. Those kind of guys burn out fast.

Griff

Burnt Food Dude said:
Gosh... old SNLers and new SNLers? Did you know that about half of the original SNL cast came from Second City in Chicago. I remember Belushi live at Second City.

Does this make me a preemie?

Burnt, I have been there numerous times, the most recent being February. It is always best if you can follow it up with a trip to The Billy Goat (another great skit!) The girl there asks me "Single or Double?" I say "What do you recommend?" she says "Double is better!" Where in Chi-town do you live?

weekend cook said:
Eddie Murphy doing Buttwheat Sings.
"Your once, twice, fee times a mady" or "Nuken panub" (Looking for Love from 80's movie Urban Cowboy).

I also like Eddie doing James Brown singning in the hot tub.

I like the one where Buckwheet sings and they put up "???????????" The hot tub might be # 2 for me. "Got to get in the Hot Tub-HEH!.....but the water's too HOT!"

I really loved when Dan Akroyd would say to Jane Curtin " JANE...YOU IGNORANT SLUT!"

My favorite skit was Buck Henry playing "Uncle Buck" lying on the floor under the glass topped coffee table while babysitting the two girls.

Al

Cow bell. Took a classic and made it even better. Everytime I hear that song Will F and the cow bell comes to mind.

I don't think you can compare Farley and Belushi...Farley was WAY more talented and had a better carreer over the life of SNL and then in to movies...aside from Animal House, Belushi was not very good in either forum!!

Greg Rempe said:
I don't think you can compare Farley and Belushi...Farley was WAY more talented and had a better carreer over the life of SNL and then in to movies...aside from Animal House, Belushi was not very good in either forum!!

It's really funny, because I didn't care for either one of em! I thought Akroyd was funnier! The fat guy I liked was Candy!

Some of my early favorites include "The Adventures of Miles Cowperthwaite", with Michael Palin as Miles, and John Belushi as Captain Ned. Also, Dan Akroyd as Irwin Mainway, being interviewed by Jane Curtin about his company's toys, such as Bag O Glass and Johnny Switchblade. And Steve Martin as Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber.

Has 'Nick the Lounge Singer' been mentioned yet?
BiMu-Nick%20The%20Lounge%20Singer.jpg

Oh, Staaaaaaaaaaaaaar Warrrrrrrrssss, Oh, Oh, Oh, Sttaaaaaaaaarr Waaaaaarrrrrrrssssss. !!! Yeah, you know it.... Come on people.....

More Cowbell with Christopher Walken..I just laugh my ass off thinking about it :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom