Favorite Kitchen Gadgets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Foodsaver!!
Ebay Chinese Knives ($50)
Bunn Home Coffee Maker (10 cups in less than 3 minuets)
Capress Burr Grinder for the coffee beans!!

GlennR said:
What are your favorite Kitchen Gadgets? Here are mine.

under $5 =zester or beer opener
under $20=Good Grips can opener or digital thermometer w/probe
under $100=programmable coffee maker
under $200 =Food Saver

under $5 = butchers twine or cork screw
under $20 = cast iron skillet
under $50 = Maverick ET-73
under $100 = George Foreman Rotisserie
under $200 = Food Saver

I have a set of aluminum (I think) scalloped edge tongs I bought for less than $1 down in Chinatown back in 1989. I love those things. Use 'em all the time.

I have a Capresso programmable coffee maker with a burr grinder. Paid about $200 for it back in 1994. It's been woth every penny. You can program it to actually grind the coffee just before it's brewed. Fresh ground coffee in the morning. Priceless. Capresso is also good to their word. Lifetime warranty on the grinder and they replaced it for me, for free, last summer with a whole new machine.

I also like my edgeselect knife sharpener.

I have a LeCreuset cast iron dutch oven. Favorite thing to cook with.

But, by far --- even though it may be a little off topic --- my favorite kitchen item is my granite countertop. It just adds so much flexibility to your cooking. I can take pots red hot right off the stove and put right on the counter. Makes serving and cooking big meals a breeze. There's low maintenance and then there's no maintenance.

Have a friend who left some red wine on a light colored granite countertop for 3 days (big party don't ask) she got a tiny bit of discoloration.

You've gotta watch for the occasional chip (but that can be polished/ground out)

I've also been told leaving oil on them for a long time (as in overnight) could stain 'em but that's it.

5 years and counting. Only sealed and polished 'em once. Love 'em.

but if you think these are good talk to Nick P. He's been putting in Cement ones. Here they're great.

Yup! The have the same limitations as granite. Like you said different look, same function. I'm acutaully delivering one for a bathroom vanity tomorrow! Heres a pic of a bar we did recently! The entire bar is concrete, including the front risers!

cast iron skillet
v-slicer
vegetable cleaver
cuisinart

Corndog, you light that chimney in the kitchen? You must have a serious range hood..... :!:

Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom