Favorite BBQ Sauces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
I am looking for good store bought tomato based bbq sauces. I have had all the national brands but would like to find more regional tomato based sauces.

What are some of the favorites from you folks. I know there has got be a slew of them I am unaware of.

These are great. Anything helps. I am getting ready to order some new stuff for myself and thought I would ask instead of buying blind. Has anybody tried any of the sauces below;

Backhills Barbecue Sauce
Elmore Smith’s
Red Bros.
3 Little Pigs All Natural

Later,
Bryan

Headcountry regular for chicken. Texas Rib Ranger Spicy for Ribs. I had a pal who used to buy the 3 Little Pigs sauce by the gallon cuz it was so cheap and available at the grocery stores. Might work as a base but would definitely need some tweaking as its purty bland. I like Bullseye Texas Smokehouse Mesquite flavor to smear a little on the back side of sliced brisket right before turn in for contest cooking..back when we did contest cooking. Dont mess with for home eating. Favorite table sauce is the Rib Ranger Spicy.

bigwheel

I love the Hot "Bone Suckin Sauce". It's all natural ingredients so a bit expensive compared to sauces made with high fructose sugar and flavorings.

I really like Dinosaur Sauce. I think it has one of the more unique flavors that jumps out and gets your attention.

41zvQ0PXPoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I really liked Smokin' Coles Sauce (and rub) too but he is in the process of selling it to someone else...so it is not currently available for sale. :-(

Hey Greg is that the same Cole's who are comp cooks from down around Itasca or thereabouts? If so they are some mighty nice folks. Hope they get some big money out of the deal. Or hope everybody get big money even if it aint them:) If my short term memory serves correctly she looks a lot mo betta than him. He is old tall skinny boy. Now is this hot or warm?

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom