Fall Harvest 08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Its that time of year again….time to support the local farmers market…and save a ton of money…today we picked up 2 bushels of plum tomatoes, a bushel of green pepper, a 5lb bag of onions and a few hot peppers…The plan is to make up the peach salsa today and grandmas chili sauce tomarrow…and yes theres still dirt on them peppers…

Link to recipe
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 0697#80697

The squash is doing fine on Harold's farm, the peppers are slow going due to the cool temps we have had. Get out there and buy from your local farmer! God knows they need all the help they can get with the cost of fuel and all. Great pic Dave. I know you guy's are going to be busy with that much produce. :D Ya just can't buy that quality in a store.

We are getting there I got the peppers and onion cut and the seasoning added..now I’m just waiting on Lynn to finish up the tomatoes….

I think this is going to be a real good batch…just the right amount of seasonings to bring out the flavor in the fresh veggies…Lynn was starting to freak out we were down to our last 3 jars of salsa…
Unity and Griff you were up here a week to early...

wittdog said:
Unity and Griff you were up here a week to early...

That and "You should have been here last week, they were really biting" is the story of my life. Besides, you were pretty busy last week. Thanks again for everything.

I love making stuff like that. I wonder if I can send you a baby chile pequin plant to grow in a pot? Yall have fun!!! :D

Unity said:
Just wondering, Dave, how do you use the peach salsa and Grandma K's chili sauce?

--John
The peach salsa we use as a snack and when we cook Mexican food…grandmas Chilli sauce is on the sweet side and has cloves and cinnamon in it…we like it with eggs or on sausage or hot dogs..

When we make the chili sauce the only way to get the right consistency is to run it thru the grinder…we always use my grandparents old school hand cranked grinder for this…(This is the grinder/stuffer we used for years to make sausage)…the boys got a kick out of using it and hearing some of the old stories about there great grandparents

Unity this is what you use the chilli sauce on…homemade Polish Sausge, kraut and dumplings….Comfort food of the highest order…add a little Webers Mustard and life is good..

Great Dave. So..... The boy's are going to share the grinder when your a old fart? Or is in the will already. :LOL: Old school rules. I still have my great grand mothers grinder, and it's a joy to use as it brings up so many memories. Your boy's are going to make some young lady happy someday! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom