Fajita people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you heat it up in the oven and throw the fajitas on there and squeeze a lime over the top n'root to the table. It smokes and sizzles and impresses the yups. Gets a mo bigga tip for the waiter ect. Guess it keep em hot for a while longer too. Aint sure the red part goes in the oven. If the skillet lifts out I would just heat up that part. Use a pot holder when you take it outta the oven. Wouldnt want you to burn your gun hand:)

bigwheel

yep the red part is wood. I was thinking I could throw it on the grill
and bring my steak in on it. There's a place down here that
serves steaks sizzling on platter like that. I was thinking
I could do fajitas on the stove top and just put the pan on the
wood and eat.

Most of the places down here add a splash of carbonated water for maximum hiss and sputter but to me it just cools the cast iron down. Just add the meat, peppers and onions and you're good to go.

Captain Morgan said:
after reading the instructions it says not to use it on
a glass top stove.... :evil: which I have. Can I use it
on the grill?
Jim I use a cast iron pan on my glass top stovel......... Good score!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":21l2dnry]after reading the instructions it says not to use it on
on the grill?
Jim I use a cast iron pan on my glass top stovel......... Good score!!! Merry Christmas!!![/quote:21l2dnry]
wasn't that the glass stove top that exploded :shock:

I use cast iron on my glass top stove all the time and it aint exploded again this week yet. Object is dont scoot it around on there...but..it be mo betta to heat it up in the oven..or the grill if you want. Trying to heat up a dry cast iron gizmo to max temps might make it get too hot. We usually just fry tates..okry..chicken fried snake and stuff like that in cast iron skillets fulla grease.

bigwheel

That would make a heck of a branding iron!!

Cast is cool! I use it on the stove, off the stove, in the grill, on the propane burner. You name it. Season it! And if you put it on the grill over a fire, season it again!!

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1548jyld]after reading the instructions it says not to use it on
on the grill?
Jim I use a cast iron pan on my glass top stovel......... Good score!!! Merry Christmas!!!
wasn't that the glass stove top that exploded :shock:[/quote:1548jyld]

Yes, with a stainless steel pot on it. :roll: Actually what caused it to explode was the moisture and heat that built up under the lid and created a vacuum and that's what did it.

Captain Morgan said:
hmm, yeah I use a big cast iron fry pan on my glass top
all the time...haven't broken anything yet

So long as ya dont git rough & start sliding the CI pots & pans, and bangin on the glass top. there fine. Just don't use a hammer around it or on it. But you knew that ;)

Hide it from your wife when she is mad at you.....
icon_hopper.gif

Back
Top Bottom