Failed Experiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
It was a simple idea really. In my efforts to build a better trap I tested this theory today.
For the record, If my yard had needed mowing I would not have tested this theory today :D

" Is it possible to perk some flavor on to a chicken? "

The idea was put some dried herbs and spices into the basket of the perculator.

The question was that if the water inside the can reached its boiling point then would it perc ?

The problem was that it never reached its boiling point so I don't know if would perc or not.

If it did perc on the stove then would it reach the boiling point inside a chicken?

I attempted to test this idea on my chargriller once but the whole thing stood to tall for the lid to close completly.

I give the idea over to the board for consideration :!:

Cliff H. said:
It was a simple idea really. In my efforts to build a better trap I tested this theory today.
For the record, If my yard had needed mowing I would not have tested this theory today :D

" Is it possible to perk some flavor on to a chicken? "

The idea was put some dried herbs and spices into the basket of the perculator.

The question was that if the water inside the can reached its boiling point then would it perc ?

The problem was that it never reached its boiling point so I don't know if would perc or not.

If it did perc on the stove then would it reach the boiling point inside a chicken?

I attempted to test this idea on my chargriller once but the whole thing stood to tall for the lid to close completly.

I give the idea over to the board for consideration :!:

Cliff the only way you will be able to get the water to boil is over direct heat. If you wanna get the herb flavors into the bird, either make a herb butter and rub all underneath the skin. Or make a liquid concoction w/herbs and simmer then cool and inject or just brine the bird.

Cliff,

To perk, the chicken would have to be inside the coffee can, which would negate the smoke flavor. I picked up on your idea and have a solution for you. :happyd:

http://www.ncre.biz/CliffsSolution.html .

Any high school science lab should have the parts you need, might get them for free if you know someone in charge of the local police evidence locker.

Dave

Well, there's proof that someone on this board has more time on their hands than I do. :grin: :grin: :!:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":3uax1avr]I'm not thinking about it.

Then you have already done it! #-o[/quote:3uax1avr]
Ya lost me ~ Must be the glare from all that WHITE hair...

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1zag7v1p][quote="The Joker":1zag7v1p]I'm not thinking about it.

Then you have already done it! #-o[/quote:1zag7v1p]
Ya lost me ~ Must be the glare from all that WHITE hair...[/quote:1zag7v1p]

That's not hard to do!

Back
Top Bottom