Ernest T. Bass passes away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my all time favorite scenes is the exchange between Ernest T. and the doctor administering the physicals for the Army recruits. After the Dr. finally convines Ernest T. to let him check his throat by putting a tongue depressor in his mouth, and Ernest T. agrees to say aaahhh, he moves on to the ears. As he puts the otoscope in Ernest T's ear:
Ernest T.: "aaaaahhh"
Doctor: "no, no, Mr. Bass, hush." (reinserts otoscope)
Ernest T.: "hhhhhuuuuuusssshhh."

Classic. There are tons more. What was so amazing to me is he appeared as Ernest T. in only 5 episodes, but directed many more.

Ernest T. was my favorite character in the whole series.
I saw some southern comedian talking about seeing the movie Sling Blade, and what he said applies to my opinion of Ernest T. Bass:

His girlfriend said (referring to Billy Bob Thornton's character): "I know people like that." He replied, "Hell, I'm KIN to people like that!"

CHARLENE: Okay, Ernest T...Serenade away.
ERNEST T.: Awright, listen...
(He accompanies himself by slapping a large can.)

"Old Aunt Maria, jump in the fire,
Fire too hot, jump in the pot,
Pot too black, jump in the crack,
Crack too high, jump in the sky,
Sky too blue, jump in canoe,
Canoe too shallow, jump in the tallow,
Tallow too soft, jump in the loft,
Loft too rotten, jump in the cotton,
Cotton so white she stay there all night."

CHARLENE: That's good, Ernest T.
ERNEST T.: Wanna hear 'Eatin' Goober Peas'?

I don't know what this says about me but, I've never heard of the guy.

OK, pile on.......

Rev.Jr. said:
One of my all time favorite scenes is the exchange between Ernest T. and the doctor administering the physicals for the Army recruits. After the Dr. finally convines Ernest T. to let him check his throat by putting a tongue depressor in his mouth, and Ernest T. agrees to say aaahhh, he moves on to the ears. As he puts the otoscope in Ernest T's ear:
Ernest T.: "aaaaahhh"
Doctor: "no, no, Mr. Bass, hush." (reinserts otoscope)
Ernest T.: "hhhhhuuuuuusssshhh."

Classic. There are tons more. What was so amazing to me is he appeared as Ernest T. in only 5 episodes, but directed many more.
Same episode: Can't do enough for our boys in....kaki. 8-[

And: Jealsy, walk with me... Jealsy, talk with me... Jealsy, kiss my mouth.

Ernest T Tribute tonight on Tv Land 7-10 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tv Land will air 5 episodes featuring Ernest T Bass tonight starting at 7 pm and one episode he directed.

Now that's what I call quality entertainment.

I know what I'll be doing tonight! FoodTV is probably a rerun of Emeril and Bobby Flay starring as dueling cooks in a mini-Iron Chef anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom