Dutch Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve McMurtry

Senior Cook
Any of you guys tried using a dutch oven, with your wsm?
Picked one up at Christmas, and was wondering if anybody has used one.

Cheers

Steve, Works great in my pit! You would want to use it at at least a 250 range I would think. I cook 3-4 of them with beans in the pit for catering jobs. I would think that a dutch oven on the bottom shelve would be a great heat baffle instead of water? I'd still keep the pan there though. Your dutch oven will get resin on the outside though. When I bring one in the house to make beans in December? The whole house gets a whif of that summer smoke scent! It is great! You can clean the outside, But I dont really.

Well, I'll have to dig it up! It involves bacon, onions, green peppers, rotels, mustard, brown sugar, bbq sauce, Texas BBQ Rub, and crushed pineapple in some proportions with Bush's Beans! Word is, they almost killed Greg!

Woodman said:
Well, I'll have to dig it up! It involves bacon, onions, green peppers, rotels, mustard, brown sugar, bbq sauce, Texas BBQ Rub, and crushed pineapple in some proportions with Bush's Beans! Word is, they almost killed Greg!

Rotels ?

Be very careful if you buy anything from China. These always come with a wax coating. First time I did not realize it and went to season it, the whole house was full of wax smoke! I hadda burn it off on the burner of my gasser!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom