Drying Peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like cayenne peppers Stogie. ;)
What do you grind them with?
I have a second coffee grinder for stuff like that.

I'm also very happy to see a work bench fully stocked with duct tape. 8)

Coffee grinder works fine....but gives you an inconsistent grind. I run em through a fine sieve, and reprocess the larger pieces. It comes out fine. As you're grinding...shake the grinder like a bartender...it helps a bit.

ScottyDaQ said:
Coffee grinder works fine....but gives you an inconsistent grind. I run em through a fine sieve, and reprocess the larger pieces. It comes out fine. As you're grinding...shake the grinder like a bartender...it helps a bit.

What do bartenders use grinders for?

Stogie, that takes me back! I have the same dehydrator! I used to do alot of New Mex Chiles. They are too thick for the space in the dehydrator so, I would put a ten lb weight on top, and, after 6 hours in the heat, they would collapse and I could take the weight off! The heavy wall stuff can take 3-4 days in one of those things! I'm going to use some in an enchilada sauce this weekend> WM

Well I vote for them long red ones to be Serranos. If a person is gonna use the stuff wet whut be the purpose of drying it? Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I vote for them long red ones to be Serranos. If a person is gonna use the stuff wet whut be the purpose of drying it? Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Thanks.

bigwheel

I thought you was a chili afficionado! Everybody knows a serrano has a blunt end!! They looks like a skinny jalapeno. I say they is either Cayenne or Korean.

Well I'm headed off to the produce stand to get a final verdict on this peppa quandry. Dont recall seeing a Serrano with a blunt end but sometimes I aint real perceptive.

Edit: Ok just got back from the produce stand where the guest worker said them are chile de Arbols.

bigwheel

Yeah I think they come in various sizes sorta like other thangs:) Must be Texas peppas. Everything is mo bigga and mo betta in Texas ya know?
:LOL:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom