Diva Q Your RK Called

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
It wants to come home. George just got a big Weber order in, lots of shiney new grills. The weber rep. was in a week or so ago and I tried to "grill" him on the 22 1/2 inch WSM. I got no where. BUT he did know what I was talking about. Let's hope to see it soon. I did offer to do R&D on one! :LOL:

Ok I’m just thinking out loud here..but is that extra couple of inches on a 22in WSM really going to make that much of a difference? The last couple of inches on the outside cook a lot hotter than the middle…Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

wittdog said:
Ok I’m just thinking out loud here..but is that extra couple of inches on a 22in WSM really going to make that much of a difference? The last couple of inches on the outside cook a lot hotter than the middle…Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Dave I have an 18 1/2 Kettle and a 22 1/2 inch Performer and believe it or not there is a big difference between the two as far as how much food you can get on them.

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:

Dave I have an 18 1/2 Kettle and a 22 1/2 inch Performer and believe it or not there is a big difference between the two as far as how much food you can get on them.
Yeah but your talking about alot of "smaller pieces" as opposed to the "Bigger" cuts that we traditionaly Q...I'm so used to cooking on the Yabba Dabba that when I did cook on the OTG..it was like cooking on a kids grill :LOL:

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:

Yeah but your talking about alot of "smaller pieces" as opposed to the "Bigger" cuts that we traditionaly Q...I'm so used to cooking on the Yabba Dabba that when I did cook on the OTG..it was like cooking on a kids grill :LOL:

I think the extra 3" would prevent one from having to "curl a brisket". It would also allow full racks of spares to be cooked without either cutting or rolling. I dunno, 6 inches would be better than the rumored 3 inches.

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3r7l63z4]
wittdog said:

I think the extra 3" would prevent one from having to "curl a brisket". It would also allow full racks of spares to be cooked without either cutting or rolling. I dunno, 6 inches would be better than the rumored 3 inches.[/quote:3r7l63z4]
Thats a little to much of your personal info for me :LOL: :LOL:

You are right the 6 inch would make a big difference

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":hxtts288]
wittdog said:

I think the extra 3" would prevent one from having to "curl a brisket". It would also allow full racks of spares to be cooked without either cutting or rolling. I dunno, 6 inches would be better than the rumored 3 inches.

You are right the 6 inch would make a big difference[/quote:hxtts288]

How did I know you were gonna say that! :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2wc0ekcn]
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2wc0ekcn]
wittdog said:

You are right the 6 inch would make a big difference[/quote:2wc0ekcn]

How did I know you were gonna say that! :LOL:[/quote:2wc0ekcn]
Past practice I guess....thanks for the one right down the middle of the plate :LOL:

Diva Q said:
talking to hubby about the RK.

right now its a maybe.

He certainly loved Dave's
Come on Diva...for all the stuff that man does..he deserves it....I think you should buy it for him.... :LOL:
Besides isn't boxing day coming..or Canadian Xmass.... :LOL: ;)
Vladi deserves it.....

wittdog said:
Diva Q said:
talking to hubby about the RK.

right now its a maybe.

He certainly loved Dave's
Come on Diva...for all the stuff that man does..he deserves it....I think you should buy it for him.... :LOL:
Besides isn't boxing day coming..or Canadian Xmass.... :LOL: ;)
Vladi deserves it.....
Guess Diva loves him, but not that much. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom