dinner plans at my house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bbquzz said:
I think he is big enough for a meal "Smoked Red Tail!" I assume you would smoke him like chicken :D
Bet would taste like chicken, too.

He looks (and from Cappy's posts) sounds like he'd be pretty tough.

Keep Simba the Wonder Dog inside and very closely supervised when outside. Times are tough all over.

BOB

Good photo Cappy. We have a group of similar critters (not as handsome) which live across the street from us in a big tree. They swoop down and eat at our wild bird feeders occasionally..eating the birds of course. Saw one nearly nail a half grown squirrel. Little guy got under my pickup just in time to avoid being devoured. Would venture to say if you was to get caught slaying the beast they put you in the cross bar hotel and leave you there till you a real old guy. All those flesh eating birds is highly protected as far as I know. I had an old Taxidermy pal who like to went to the pen over a dead chicken hawk the game warden found stuffed in the AC vent at the shoppe..and that was back in the 70's. May be capital punishment involved nowadays with all the tree huggers running things.

I have a big old pole mounted bird feeder and once in a while I have a hawk that will sit on top of the feeder and just dare the , finches, cardinals and sparrows to to come in for some seed. I also have a cat that terrorizes the birds and I wish the hawk would pick that damn cat off.

Well I understood what you meant..I was just trying to counteract the shotgun type phraseology so you didnt get any bright idears of putting that shirt pocket bullet to use. We have a coupla ankle biters and a putty tat which inhabit the backyard. May just be a matter of time till they get ate by the hawks. Who can tell?

Back
Top Bottom