dinner party at Griff's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I'm cooking dinner for four couples tonight. A couple of rib roasts, king crab, roasted veggies, garlic mashed potatoes, salad and someone else is bringing dessert. Here's the roasts. I put one on 40 minutes before the second one so one comes out medium and the other rare to medium rare.

More pics later if Mr. Beefeater will allow.

Can't wait for the finish. Sometimes when we have people over I still get a little excited cause I know they have no idea about the good food they are gonna go home thinking about.

Also what is the red stuff in the WSM, do they all do that? I always clean it out of mine cause I thought it looked like rust, and I was doing something wrong. :oops:

Wow those are some great lookin rib roasts Griff! Cant wait to see and hear how good it is..The marbleing looks outstanding!.....I just got home from a christmas party so Im lookin at a cold beer and nachos!!!!!

The WSM thawed a circle on my deck.

I over cooked the roasts some, but no one complained.

Here's the king crab.

We had a great holiday dinner.

Sweet Meal fer sure.....might have to try this years Christmas Prime in the smoker.
Thinking I need to get a WSM as well.
dj

You should have called; the invite got lost in the mail.
What was the time and temp on the roasts?

Rag said:
You should have called; the invite got lost in the mail.
What was the time and temp on the roasts?
My WSM was running really hot last night (I have no clue why), started at 400* and then came down to 375*. I had intended to pull the rare roast at 120* but got distracted by the ethanol and didn't pull it until 125* which amounted to about 2 hour and 10 minutes of cooking time.

Back
Top Bottom