Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2005, 06:34 AM   #1

Deleted Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagara River Smoker
Well I posted a couple of things the last couple of days that probably could have been deleted but this wasn't one of them. I have no problem with you guys deleting them but, like Nick said, I'd like to know why. So if Greg and Bruce didn't delete them, who did??? :biggrin: :biggrin:
DOILIES BILL>>>>>>DOILIES?
Here you go, Woodman!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:36 AM   #2

[quote=Larry Wolfe]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bruce B":2tp2deoj
I didn't delete any posts and I didn't see the chin post to even know what the hell you're all talking about.

As far as deleting posts go, I have no problem deleting posts, however, I will notify the owner of that post that it is being deleted and why, IN MY OPINION, it deserves to be. If the owner doesn't like my explanation he can take it up with the other moderator, oops, I forgot, I'm the only modeator left, or he can take it up with the Board Administrator and if I get overruled and the post is re-posted, so be it. I can guarantee you I won't get mad and quit, that's just the way it goes.

Griff, if you've read all the rules and understand them, then you know what type of posts will be subject to deletion.
Bruce is correct! He's deleted a couple of my posts and he immediately notified me and let me know he did and why! And I appreciated him notifying me, and agreed with Bruce why he deleted the post. He's just doing what he's been asked to do and seems to be fair about what he does. If a post gets deleted, it's for a reason. Don't take it personally, because I am sure it's not personal.[/quote:2tp2deoj]
Nope, no offense to be taken here, but as several have said their posts have been deleted. :smt017
Old 04-08-2005, 06:43 AM   #3
Official BBQ Central Mark

[quote=Niagara River Smoker][quote="Larry Wolfe":wlxqseyf]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bruce B":wlxqseyf
I didn't delete any posts and I didn't see the chin post to even know what the hell you're all talking about.

As far as deleting posts go, I have no problem deleting posts, however, I will notify the owner of that post that it is being deleted and why, IN MY OPINION, it deserves to be. If the owner doesn't like my explanation he can take it up with the other moderator, oops, I forgot, I'm the only modeator left, or he can take it up with the Board Administrator and if I get overruled and the post is re-posted, so be it. I can guarantee you I won't get mad and quit, that's just the way it goes.

Griff, if you've read all the rules and understand them, then you know what type of posts will be subject to deletion.

Bruce is correct! He's deleted a couple of my posts and he immediately notified me and let me know he did and why! And I appreciated him notifying me, and agreed with Bruce why he deleted the post. He's just doing what he's been asked to do and seems to be fair about what he does. If a post gets deleted, it's for a reason. Don't take it personally, because I am sure it's not personal.[/quote:wlxqseyf]
Nope, no offense to be taken here, but as several have said their posts have been deleted. :smt017[/quote:wlxqseyf]

I figured it out! It is "Casper the Friendly Post" deleter!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #4
BBQ Centralite

Very good!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
Web Celeb

I don't know what to say here guys...it is policy to notify the owner of deletions...we do that!!

The only other thing that I did was split a bunch of posts from the BBQ section to the GD section under the Yada, yada topic...but they weren't deleted, they were in the wrong place and there was like 20 posts...if that isn't it, I don't know what to say...I don't have the auto prune on either!! And, I haven't been in the Admin panel messing around again either!!

SORRY!!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #6
Official BBQ Central Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
I don't know what to say here guys...it is policy to notify the owner of deletions...we do that!!

The only other thing that I did was split a bunch of posts from the BBQ section to the GD section under the Yada, yada topic...but they weren't deleted, they were in the wrong place and there was like 20 posts...if that isn't it, I don't know what to say...I don't have the auto prune on either!! And, I haven't been in the Admin panel messing around again either!!

SORRY!!
Why are you apologizing???? It's your board! DA!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe

SORRY!!
Yup! That's where they are, all right! Thanks for lettin' us know, Greg.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:58 AM   #8
Web Celeb

See...all better now...it's not like those posts were crucial to the well being of the site or something...

A good way to tell if something has been deleted is to see if your post count has gone down...when something has been deleted it will take away one post count from your total!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:04 AM   #9

Well, if I knew how many posts I had all the time, you're right! But I don't keep up with that shit. Right now, while I'm typing, I can't see how many posts I have and I couldn't tell you other than I think it's in the 500-600 range...
Old 04-08-2005, 08:09 AM   #10
Web Celeb

At any rate, thank goodness the deletion case is solved..."and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you darn kids!!"