deleted posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Brian,

I always send a PM to the author of any post I delete....ask Nick, Larry, bigwheel, etc.

I dont PM the person who I deleted. It has been discussed and said that we do not have to PM anyone. Now if there is a continuing problem, I may let them know. Havent had that problem yet.

Nick Prochilo said:
Well that narrows down the deleter of my most recent posts!

Nice Avatar Nick, good to see you finally got your head out of your a$$. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If this gets deleted I'll know it was Bill...I think.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":35uc30i1]Well that narrows down the deleter of my most recent posts!

Nice Avatar Nick, good to see you finally got your head out of your a$$. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If this gets deleted I'll know it was Bill...I think.[/quote:35uc30i1]

2.gif
Smart ass!

I don't PM either, unless it is so "on the line" I feel the need to give extra support.

Sometimes there is collateral damage when the initial "BAD" post is deleted...just the way it goes.

Typically, you will find that the deleted posts have no real value to the forum...typically....

Greg Rempe said:
I don't PM either, unless it is so "on the line" I feel the need to give extra support.

Sometimes there is collateral damage when the initial "BAD" post is deleted...just the way it goes.

Typically, you will find that the deleted posts have no real value to the forum...typically....

But rarely!

If I had a dollar for every deleted post(PM'ed or not) I'd be a very Rich man(Or Jon man :LOL: )
:shock:

Thank you ;)

Well, I don't pm either. Only reason is because I'm lazy. You guys are getting a little better at keeping the sniping out of the cooking sections, which is my one concern.

As far as the current battle raging, I have told Greg I stand by his actions either way.

Now let me say this....When this forum started, it was mainly by a small group of great bbq'ers with great senses of humor who were not being welcomed for various reasons, or even banned from other boards.
Early on, this place was wild and fun, and full of great knowledge and
sometimes contentious debate about cooking topics. Perhaps that is
the reason it has grown into what it is today.

As the forum became more popular, we became aware that many people didn't like the fighting, whether it was good natured or not.
So we created a Blue Room that one must ask to join...you don't even see it unless you've joined it. Off color stuff and "discussions" take place in there. However, as time went by, we also became aware that some of the "discussions" were pretty funny, and in some ways added to the value of the board.

Lately our jobs have gotten a lot tougher.

Realize that we act in a manner that we think is best for the board.
This board offers the best exchange of information on bbq and cooking
on the internet...why?

1. No sponsors means free and open exchange of information
without fear of censorship.

2. Real experts...proud to say internet legends like Jim Minion
and Stogie post here along with an incredible array of experts
on various topics....we have pit builders, caterers, sauce and
rub makers, contest champions, and our members post from
all regions: Alaska, New York, Texas, the Carolinas and Kansas, etc.
Opposing viewpoints offer information. It's a good thing.

3. Attacks aren't a good thing. Some may view it as teasing, some
may not take it that way. We'd like to grow this board even more
by not banning anyone. After all that's been said and done on this
board, only 2 people have been banned...both for attacking the board
and it's members while not offering any helpful insights. That's a quick
way to get banned. If you're helpful, or just entertaining, you will
most likely stay, albeit with a warning sometimes.

4. To me, the simplest way to solve a problem with an individual poster
is to not read their posts. That way, you can enjoy the benefits of the board without damaging it's integrity or inflaming the situation.

It's no biggie to me...this board will go on with or without any individual.
It's value lies in the fact that we are so diverse..much more so than the other boards who even have Texas and Kansas in their names, or those
dealing with only one kind of pit.

Relax and enjoy.

And don't make me kill you.
;)

brian j said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":mfrr9rwf]Well, I don't pm either. Only reason is because I'm lazy. You guys are getting a little better at keeping the sniping out of the cooking sections, which is my one concern.

As far as the current battle raging, I have told Greg I stand by his actions either way.

Now let me say this....When this forum started, it was mainly by a small group of great bbq'ers with great senses of humor who were not being welcomed for various reasons, or even banned from other boards.
Early on, this place was wild and fun, and full of great knowledge and
sometimes contentious debate about cooking topics. Perhaps that is
the reason it has grown into what it is today.

As the forum became more popular, we became aware that many people didn't like the fighting, whether it was good natured or not.
So we created a Blue Room that one must ask to join...you don't even see it unless you've joined it. Off color stuff and "discussions" take place in there. However, as time went by, we also became aware that some of the "discussions" were pretty funny, and in some ways added to the value of the board.

Lately our jobs have gotten a lot tougher.

Realize that we act in a manner that we think is best for the board.
This board offers the best exchange of information on bbq and cooking
on the internet...why?

1. No sponsors means free and open exchange of information
without fear of censorship.

2. Real experts...proud to say internet legends like Jim Minion
and Stogie post here along with an incredible array of experts
on various topics....we have pit builders, caterers, sauce and
rub makers, contest champions, and our members post from
all regions: Alaska, New York, Texas, the Carolinas and Kansas, etc.
Opposing viewpoints offer information. It's a good thing.

3. Attacks aren't a good thing. Some may view it as teasing, some
may not take it that way. We'd like to grow this board even more
by not banning anyone. After all that's been said and done on this
board, only 2 people have been banned...both for attacking the board
and it's members while not offering any helpful insights. That's a quick
way to get banned. If you're helpful, or just entertaining, you will
most likely stay, albeit with a warning sometimes.

4. To me, the simplest way to solve a problem with an individual poster
is to not read their posts. That way, you can enjoy the benefits of the board without damaging it's integrity or inflaming the situation.

It's no biggie to me...this board will go on with or without any individual.
It's value lies in the fact that we are so diverse..much more so than the other boards who even have Texas and Kansas in their names, or those
dealing with only one kind of pit.

Relax and enjoy.

And don't make me kill you.
;)
amen cappy! this is a great board, by far the best on the 'net. thanks for letting me be a part of it.[/quote:mfrr9rwf]
Kiss ass :LOL: ;)

Back
Top Bottom