Death of A Comedic Genius - George Carlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
One of my all time favorite comics, George Carlin died yesterday of heart failure. He was 71.

What can be said, George was a genius, a great socio-political satarist and a brilliant student of the english language and its nuances. He was a true comedic trailblazer with his seven words you can't say on television or for that matter in Milwaukee where he was arrested on stage doing the routine at Summerfest.

He is the type of comic that only comes around once in a lifetime. He will be deeply missed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080623/ap_ ... C7pxCs0NUE

he made laugh till I cried so many times I can't
remember em all....I loved the one about people
complaining about prisons being built in their backyards.
He said that's the perfect place for em....if someone
breaks out of prison, you think their just gonna hang
around?

At the Kennedy Center in November, Carlin will be posthumously awarded the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. He learned that he would be receiving it just a few days before he died, and I'm sure that even he, irreverent as he was, recognized this honor as a really big deal. It's his society saying "You're one of the very best ever." Which is appropriate, because he was.

--John
("Tonight's forecast: Dark. Continued dark throughout most of the night, with widely-scattered light toward morning." --Al Sleet, the hippy-dippy weatherman)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom