Crawfish Etouffe' and Cornbread Waffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Today I cooked a big pot of Crawfish Etouffe' with some nice Louisiana crawfish tails. I also finally made something that I have had in my mind to try for a good while now. Cornbread waffles with diced onions, diced jalapeno peppers, cream style corn and Colby and Jack cheeses.
As a side dish I made some candied yams to contrast the savory waffles and spicy etouffe'.
Evertything came out great and the waffles are a big hit!
Silky and spicy delicious Crwafish Etouffe'
img_256771_0_5f0821e751fda317325b810585395654.jpg

The Cornbread Waffles! This one has some extra slices of jalapeno peppers.
img_256771_1_c9dc800974c23b615a32932387456783.jpg

Excellent meal if I must say so myself! I'll definitely be making these waffle again and they would be fantastic with Red Beans & Rice.
img_256771_2_92581534556a6e97a9a69c8bda8189f9.jpg

Anything special in preparing the waffles, special recipe? It all looks and sounds great.

Nate's Cornbread Waffles

1 1/2 cups corn meal
1 1/2 cups flour(all purpose)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Add following wet ingredients and mix well with a spatula.

1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil

Add the rest of these ingredients until incorporated

1 14.75 oz can of cream style corn
1/2 - 3/4 cup small diced onions
2 med small diced jalapeno pepper (you can add slices of jalapeno throughout waffles as you pour mixture into waffle maker)
1 1/2 -2 cups large shred colby and jack cheeses

Heat waffle maker and when ready spray with baking/cooking spray and add enough mixture to fill waffle maker, close and bake as recommended by manufacturer.

You can't edit a post here? That's totally stupid!

In the recipe above I have baking powder listed twice. The second one should read "1/2 tsp. baking soda".

Well I got upset prior to that point. What is up with giving flour and corn meal an equal footing for "cornmeal waffles?" Yes I need a heart pill. Sorry. Thinking maybe Justeen was right. Only yankees live East of the Sabine. It's heart breaking.

Is there anything you don't have a negative comment on? Jesus Christ! I'd rather you kept your sarcastic criticisms to yourself since you are apparently so damn perfect!

Back
Top Bottom