Crawfish boil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
[youtube:f3i7zspf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fphCgXSMetw[/youtube:f3i7zspf]

After adding the crawfish to boiling water it stops boiling, once it returns to a a boil cook for 5 min, shut off burner & let steep for 20 min. Add more seasoning & it takes about 10 min for the water to return to a boil on high fire. (that note a jet type burner is used) Repeat the above...

The Cauliflower takes only 5 mins, any longer & it turns to mush & falls apart.
Broccoli can be boiled too, but these 2 need to be in a tied off crawfish sack or a NEW laundry bag
Hell you could boil any veggie, Carrots, zucchini, jalapenos, turnips ect... Just don't cook em to death/mush

Sounds like ya done good Boy. I couldnt see the pic for some reason. Got ourselves invited for tonight to a big old boil a fella puts on each year. Sure wouldnt mind a mess of them mud bugs but I am too lazy to go over there. I tell ya this getting old and worthless aint no fun.

bigwheel

Today at work I recongnized the accent of a coonass. After verifying that he was infact from Louisiana we started chatting about crawfish and he gave me a couple of ideas.

This particular coonass likes to put a couple of tbs of cooking oil in the pot after the bugs are done and stir the pot around. He claims that the oil gets betwixt the meat and the shell making it peel easier. He also pokes holes in cans of corn, peels the lable, drains the juice and puts them in the pot to boil along with the crawfish so he dont have to fight the cob.

Cliff H. said:
Today at work I recongnized the accent of a coonass. After verifying that he was infact from Louisiana we started chatting about crawfish and he gave me a couple of ideas.

This particular coonass likes to put a couple of tbs of cooking oil in the pot after the bugs are done and stir the pot around. He claims that the oil gets betwixt the meat and the shell making it peel easier. He also pokes holes in cans of corn, peels the lable, drains the juice and puts them in the pot to boil along with the crawfish so he dont have to fight the cob.

I'd stay far far far far away from that guy..........sounds like a coonass talking out of his ass.......... :LOL:

bigwheel said:
Sounds like ya done good Boy. I couldnt see the pic for some reason. Got ourselves invited for tonight to a big old boil a fella puts on each year. Sure wouldnt mind a mess of them mud bugs but I am too lazy to go over there. I tell ya this getting old and worthless aint no fun.

bigwheel
Say it ain't so. Someone else type that? ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":2zwizte8]Today at work I recongnized the accent of a coonass. After verifying that he was infact from Louisiana we started chatting about crawfish and he gave me a couple of ideas.

I'd stay far far far far away from that guy..........sounds like a coonass talking out of his ass.......... :LOL:[/quote:2zwizte8]

If the crawfish aint overcooked, you don't need oil. I'll stick with corn on the cob, Its traditional. Tell that fella he's non union Cliff

Also the sausage will get the same thing accomplished that the oil does. It looked like a fun time JB.

Well like old Justeen always say...ain't nuttin but yankees which can be found near or inhabiting the general vicinity of Baton Rouge. I am gonna have to go down there and show them Boys how to cook Crawdads apparently. Now me and the wine salesman who knows how to do all this stuff will make the trip free but will need a little per diem..meals..lodging..gas..clubbing money etc. Let me know. Thanks. Now I chickened out on Pay Pal when they wanted my checking info. That could be sorta skerry for po folks.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom