Cottage Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
One Pan Cottage Pie

1lb Ground Chuck
1 cup - peas
1 cup - carrots
3 cups - Mashed Potatoes
Minced onion, granulated garlic, salt, pepper and worcestershire all to taste.

Brown beef and add all of the seasoning above.
img_247897_0_b4753687e2069b61f435f3c2821417bc.jpg

img_247897_1_c58525c6517c1742a8171c7d82c3f2b4.jpg

Add peas and carrots. (could add corn if you like, I didn't have any)
img_247897_2_bbad5004ac6aa8a94f9bf619748b7cf8.jpg

Top with mashed potatoes. (homemade or instant)
img_247897_3_16141ccd099bbd30b56f5be02244842b.jpg

Pop in 350* oven until heated through and potatoes are golden brown.
img_247897_4_58e672dd081fcc4b093772fee0f7cd75.jpg

There you have it, easy peasy and only one pan to clean!
img_247897_5_a47370369835896008af919527a8143b.jpg

img_247897_6_8a3a49cc5cf4368b3727fe312a4c8eee.jpg

Great touch Cappy. You are such a conesewer on such topics. Cheese on top might make gluttonous chubby boys over eat on that deal..then they try to blow some wind and get vapor locked because of the binding effects of the cheese..then they blow up. I like your health conscience type attitude.

Nick Prochilo said:
Gee, kind of like Shepard's Pie

Okay Mr. Sarcasm!

Cottage pie refers to an English meat pie made with Beef mince and with a crust made from mashed potato. A variation on this dish using lamb mince is known as shepherd's pie. Unlike standard pies, cottage or shepherd's pie does not include a bottom pastry crust.

BTW, I e-mailed you about a great deal I got on 20 cigars......as usual you must have been throat deep on Scotty and decided not to return my e-mail. I'm gonna send the info to someone who gives a $hit! Susan, you have mail. :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3m8ipm73]Gee, kind of like Shepard's Pie

Okay Mr. Sarcasm!

Cottage pie refers to an English meat pie made with Beef mince and with a crust made from mashed potato. A variation on this dish using lamb mince is known as shepherd's pie. Unlike standard pies, cottage or shepherd's pie does not include a bottom pastry crust.

BTW, I e-mailed you about a great deal I got on 20 cigars......as usual you must have been throat deep on Scotty and decided not to return my e-mail. I'm gonna send the info to someone who gives a $hit! Susan, you have mail. :LOL:[/quote:3m8ipm73]

That's why I said "kind of like". Your deal on 20 cigars was good if you like those cigars! As far as your Scotty comment, well I'm guessing you are mistaken me for Puff!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2imcqp2x][quote="Nick Prochilo":2imcqp2x]Gee, kind of like Shepard's Pie

Okay Mr. Sarcasm!

BTW, I e-mailed you about a great deal I got on 20 cigars......as usual you must have been throat deep on Scotty and decided not to return my e-mail. I'm gonna send the info to someone who gives a $hit! Susan, you have mail. :LOL:[/quote:2imcqp2x]

That's why I said "kind of like". Your deal on 20 cigars was good if you like those cigars! As far as your Scotty comment, well I'm guessing you are mistaken me for Puff![/quote:2imcqp2x]

Oh well excuse me Mr. Dick......we talk about good deals on new cigars we haven't heard of all the time......now you're too good for the inexpensive smokes....I see how you are. :roll:

Seems like a good improvement for Nick would be to jump from King Edwards to Swisher Sweets. Thats what all the rich folks smoke.

Hey pencil dick more than 75% of my smokes are under $2 a stick. They are only good if you enjoy that particular stick.

Sent using smoke signals because I'm a cheap bastard!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom