corned beef hash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Like most of the folks here, we had corned beef on St. Paddy's Day. It was the last corned beef in my freezer from last year when I home cured some briskets. I didn't get any pics on Thursday, but we did have some leftovers that I turned into corned beef hash -- with a poached egg for Sunday breakfast.
[attachment=4:1r2fffb1]h1 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1r2fffb1]
[attachment=3:1r2fffb1]h2 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1r2fffb1]
[attachment=2:1r2fffb1]h3 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1r2fffb1]
[attachment=1:1r2fffb1]h4 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1r2fffb1]
[attachment=0:1r2fffb1]h5 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1r2fffb1]

Good Lawdy Miz Claudie..that do look mighty tasty. Corned beef hash with eggs on top is one of my big weak spots. Only had the ho made stuff once..which I was the ho that made it of course:) I made a big batch and neglected to treat the tates with lemon juice or other high tech anti oxidizing agent such as Tater White..by the time I cooked up the last batch of it which was just as tasty as the first by the water..the tates was all dark brown. I learnt something on that deal. Now whut it is I aint sure. Maybe make ho made hash in small batches perhaps?

Looks great! I love poached eggs and that one's perfect. Do you use a poacher or cook them in water? I've never had success with boiling them.

Well the Little Bride fries up the eggs and deposits them on top of the pile. She is currently on an Olive Oyl and butter kick for frying the eggs. Now being a lazy boy I just get it browned up good and add the eggs along with cheese lower the heat and put the lid on it till the eggs get done. I do about six eggs per regular sized can. 15 mins or so. Person demand a certain stage of doneness on the eggs it aint a good plan..cuz sometimes they come out hard and sometimes runny. Dont bother me either way but wimmen is picky ya know?

saw this on the net for egg poaching, and it works!

If you're going to poach an egg, and don't want to spend 20 mins cleaning the pan here's what to do:
Get some microwaveable clingfilm
Get a cup
Push the cling film into the cup, and crack the egg into the cling film
You should be able to tie the clingfilm around the top of the egg,
Drop egg into boiling water, and poach normally, it'll taste great, and you wont have to spend ages scrubbing cooked on egg of the damn pan.

If you want a poached egg, clingflim is your friend.

I was going to pursue that leftover corned beef angle myself. Local Tom Thumb (safeway) butcher claimed they didnt have any leftovers. They sold them all. Guess there is a high precentage of drunk Irishmen in this area or something.

My local sold out, but they do have corned beef eye of the rounds. I've been considering buying one as they are good to go in the fridge until late May.

Not me. But I did try to corn chuck roast. It was not fit for human consumption. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom