Corned beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
I'm like a little duck - everything is a new adventure for me. :) Recently I've posted about curing meat and smoking the pastrami and canadian bacon. We'd had a corned beef fresh out of the curing process and tonight we had a frozen one - couldn't tell any difference as they were both incredible. If you haven't tried curing your own meat I encourage you to give it a try. It's easy, requires only 2 gal plastic bags, maybe an injector, and the curing stuff and it tastes great. Have been getting rave reviews on the canadian bacon I provided to friends. Think I'll cure up a batch in early Feb and see how many Irish friends I can find for corned beef and cabbage on St Patricks Day.

Next adventure - sausage making. The wife's not a big fan of link meats so I'll try some bulk Italian for use in fatties and for pasta dishes. Need to go read a bunch of wittdogs threads.

I started making sausage a few years ago and Witt gave me countless hours of great info. He is the man!
Get the Rytek Kutas book "Great sausage recipes and meat curing". It's a great read.
Good luck!

Puff said:
I started making sausage a few years ago and Witt gave me countless hours of great info. He is the man!
Get the Rytek Kutas book "Great sausage recipes and meat curing". It's a great read.
Good luck!
Thanks - I have the book and used it to guide me through the curing process.

big dude said:
Puff said:
Good luck!
Thanks - I have the book and used it to guide me through the curing process.
Sweet! 8)

Back
Top Bottom