Contest Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey guys, I would like to try to do another contest to give away another Primo Grill. I'm brainstorming somethings, but would really like your input and ideas. Tell me what you think about the following.

1. I'd like to keep this strictly to current BBQ Central Members. Meaning, if you were not registered before the contest began you cannot enter. What do you guys think about this?

2. What's the maximum entry fee you would be willing to pay? This is to only cover my cost for the grill and the shipping charges. If we receive more entry fees, the additional funds will go towards Primo accessories to the winner. Or, we could only raise enough funds to cover the cost of the Primo and the winner pay the shipping charges. This way would let us have the contest with less people.

3. What type of contest would you guys like to have? This is kinda tough for me to figure out something that's fare and less complex than the sauce contest. I have two ideas, 1. Photo Contest of a recent cook (nothing prior to the start of the contest). Photos would be submitted and a poll would be started and the one at the end of the contest with the most votes would win. Since members can only vote once, this seems pretty fair off the top of my head. 2. A simple old fashion raffle. Maybe this could be done live via video.

4. I don't really think a Rub Contest would work. So unless someone has an idea of how it would work, we won't entertain this idea.

Like I said I'm brain storming this idea and would like any thoughts you may have towards it! I really want to see someone from BBQ Central own a Primo!

Raffle! Rempe hosted live event. One ticket per member? or buy as many as you like? I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for one ticket, and hope for a 5 tickets for X amount or something. Unsure really. You could start it Labor Day and then close the ticket sales on Halloween. Drawing in early November for a Thankgiving-ish delivery?? or Christmas?

I like the raffle idea...The photo thing sounds fun too, but Id rather see an independent / blind type judging...

What about the entry fee? What's the most you guys would pay for a ticket for a chance to win a Primo? $20, $25, $30, $50? They lower the entry fee the more people we need to meet the quota to cover the costs and it also decreases the odds of winning. The higher the entry fee, the less people needed, thus significantly increasing the odds of winning. I'll start a poll, but please only vote on the poll if you intend on entering the contest. The last contest we had we had a ton of votes but had to practically beg people to enter. This will be fun and someone will get a nice Primo Grill out of it!!

Raffle is less complicated...I will be happy to do a live drawing!!! And also try to reach the winner via phone for an interview as well as have Larry on to talk about the cooker...

I would pay $25/Ticket...also might want to think about doing a $25 per ticket or 5 for $100 type deal. Just an idea...

Also, if it is a raffle, I would suggest opening it to all the forums...but a BBQ Central only contest is ok with me too...I could send out a mass email to all the registered members to let them know about it.

Greg Rempe said:
Raffle is less complicated...I will be happy to do a live drawing!!! And also try to reach the winner via phone for an interview as well as have Larry on to talk about the cooker...

I would pay $25/Ticket...also might want to think about doing a $25 per ticket or 5 for $100 type deal. Just an idea...

Thanks Greg, I was going to ask you to do the drawing, but you beat me to it! Thank you for volunteering!

So would everyone be good with $25 a ticket w/option of 5 for a $100? If so I will try to get everything together by Friday and shoot for a Labor Day weekend Drawing!

**Anybody with a product (rub, sauce, t-shirt, or anything that is BBQ related) that would like to donate towards additional drawings for runners up please e-mail me @ wolferub@gmail.com and let me know what you would like to contribute. This is a good time to get your product name out and get some free advertising.

Larry Wolfe said:
Greg Rempe":3do1soz2]Raffle is less complicated...I will be happy to do a live drawing!!! And also try to reach the winner via phone for an interview as well as have Larry on to talk about the cooker... I would pay $25/Ticket...also might want to think about doing a $25 per ticket or 5 for $100 type deal. Just an idea...[/quote] Thanks Greg said:
wolferub@gmail.com[/email] and let me know what you would like to contribute. This is a good time to get your product name out and get some free advertising.[/quote:3do1soz2]

If there are other sponsors interested, I will be happy to do talk ups on your products during the show...website addresses, contact info, awards received and so on. We can make it a half hour show with the drawing at the end or something... 8)
(I'm gunna be famous)

Greg Rempe said:
Larry Wolfe":dzlbl57q][quote="Greg Rempe":dzlbl57q]Raffle is less complicated...I will be happy to do a live drawing!!! And also try to reach the winner via phone for an interview as well as have Larry on to talk about the cooker... I would pay $25/Ticket...also might want to think about doing a $25 per ticket or 5 for $100 type deal. Just an idea...[/quote] Thanks Greg said:
wolferub@gmail.com[/email] and let me know what you would like to contribute. This is a good time to get your product name out and get some free advertising.[/quote:dzlbl57q]

If there are other sponsors interested, I will be happy to do talk ups on your products during the show...website addresses, contact info, awards received and so on. We can make it a half hour show with the drawing at the end or something... 8)
(I'm gunna be famous)[/quote:dzlbl57q]

Famous.........that's a stretch, but you do have some great ideas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom