Computer virus question / warning...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Ive somehow got a program in my computer I cant get rid of. Anyone delt with Antivirus XP 2008 ? It loaded itself, changed my backround and now Im getting a bunch of pop-ups. We were able to get rid of some of the segments last night, but its stll here. We tried loading a new version of Nortan and it won't let it load completely...Anyone ????

I had something like this a year ago. It was a spyware bugger that could not be dealt with using anti-virus software. I found something called Spyware Doctor and it worked great. You can download it - costs ~$30 - but the free trial will identify the problem. If you want the software to fix the problem you have to buy it.

Now I own a Mac.

Whatever program you use to get rid of it be sure to start with a hard reboot from the Safe mode. That way it will get rid of anything in memory which will just load itself back up if you run it from the regular mode.

bigwheel

thanks all...will pass all this on to the wfe when she gets home....She's the comp. person around the ranch here...

ScottyDaQ said:
Captain Morgan said:
scotty, are those things new? haven't heard of them.

been in my toolkit for a while. Smit is the kinda stuff those IT geeks have in their back pocket.

Those IT geeks :shock:

Who you callin a geek Boy :?: :LOL:

Before you buy Spyware Doctor --

Open Google
Click on "more"
Click on "even more"
Scroll to bottom and click on "pack"
Unclick everything you don't want
Keep "Spyware Doctor" selected
Click "install software"

It's one of the better programs of this kind. It's a great program for free.

--John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom