Cold Weather Cookin'!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome Nic

I grill in cold weather. Several other guys here do too. What's a OTG? I use a Weber gasser, a Weber kettle and a WSM all winter long.

Griff

Sweet pit. Any building pics? I would like a cabnet type cooker. Been thingking about making one this winter.

Well I getting lost in the semantics here again apparently. The man say he wants to "grill" in the winter. Now dont see much difference in grilling from winter to summer. Now if really talking about cooking bbq that be a whole new ball game I think. Not sure them Canadians know the difference eh? Somebody clairify some of these issues when they get some spare time. I am busy handing out candy to trick or treaters.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I getting lost in the semantics here again apparently. The man say he wants to "grill" in the winter. Now dont see much difference in grilling from winter to summer. Now if really talking about cooking bbq that be a whole new ball game I think. Not sure them Canadians know the difference eh? Somebody clairify some of these issues when they get some spare time. I am busy handing out candy to trick or treaters.

bigwheel

Boy, those must be some lucky kids!

Hey Bigwheel,

Your right! 99.9% of Canadians think BBQ is grilling :oops:
We are a little slow to catch on sometimes, but we have a hell of a time
trying to get there :shock:
That reminds me, it's been awhile since I pounded back a few Shiners
I think it's time for road trip to see my buddy in DFW who gave me my first taste of BBQ ;)

Cheers

Canada isn't alone in that department. Most folks around here wouldn't know Q from DintyMoore stew. :oops:

Griff said:
I think it's safe to say 99% of the inhabitants of North America think grilling when you say BBQ.

Griff

And "High Profile" celebs like Raichlen and Flay aren't helping the situation.
When they throw something on the grill and pronounce, "Now this smells like BBQ" or "This is real BBQ".

brian j said:
Finney said:
Griff said:
I think it's safe to say 99% of the inhabitants of North America think grilling when you say BBQ.

Griff

And "High Profile" celebs like Raichlen and Flay aren't helping the situation.
When they throw something on the grill and pronounce, "Now this smells like BBQ" or "This is real BBQ".
d@mn carpet baggers... i'd like to see how they did in a real bbq contest.
Amen....I think both of those guys are posers.....

Back
Top Bottom