Cold front rice dressing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
1121080001tb5.jpg

I got the recipe from my friend Lynn over at www.eatlikeanative.com I used Zaterains Rice and seasoning and it was killer. I think I will have another plate full now..
:shock:

Rice Dressing

all-purpose flour, 2 tbs
vegetable oil, 2 tbs
onions, 1 cup chopped
bell pepper, 1/2 cup chopped
garlic, 2 cloves chopped
ground beef, 1/2 lb
pork, 1/2 lb
chicken gizzards, 1/2 lb , chopped
1 to 2 tsp salt
black pepper, 1/4 tsp each ground
red pepper, 1/4 tsp each ground
chicken broth, 1 cup
cooked rice, 3 cups
green onion tops, 1 cup, chopped

Make a dark roux.
Add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender.
Stir in beef, pork, gizzards and seasonings and brown.
Add the chicken broth then cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
Stir in rice and onion tops. Cook 5 minutes longer.

Liver is optional in this recipe. If you like it, add about 1/2 cup at the same time you are browning your other meats.
Another option, throw in a 1/2 cup of good chopped pecans toward the end of the cook.

Well nearly gurahntee them gizzards still gonna be like chewing around on a pencil eraser. This is apparently some kinda yankee recipe for dirty rice. Always check with uncle bigwheel afore you jump off into something like this scenario. You have a talent for fishing and dodging giving us a januine S. Texas enchilada recipe. Best stick with that deal. Leave the coonass stuff to us coonasses at heart. :LOL:

Ps..Love ya bro. Just like to yank chains sometimes and listen to em bark:)

bigwheel said:
Well nearly gurahntee them gizzards still gonna be like chewing around on a pencil eraser. This is apparently some kinda yankee recipe for dirty rice. Always check with uncle bigwheel afore you jump off into something like this scenario. You have a talent for fishing and dodging giving us a januine S. Texas enchilada recipe. Best stick with that deal. Leave the coonass stuff to us coonasses at heart. :LOL:

Ps..Love ya bro. Just like to yank chains sometimes and listen to em bark:)
The lady I got the recipe from lives in lafourche bayou area so I don't think she is a yankee. Even if it was a yankee recipe who cares. We all have to live somewhere. I like all food from everywhere. Well not rotten eggs buried in the dirt. Just had my 3rd plate of the rice and it rocks. Go have another drink of ice tea. I don't want to be known as only a chile cooker. :shock: Or chile stroker either.

SS

Just curious what constitutes a cold front where you live? It's not cold here yet. I'm looking at my outdoor thermometer and it's still above zero -- barely at +5.

Griff said:
SS

Just curious what constitutes a cold front where you live? It's not cold here yet. I'm looking at my outdoor thermometer and it's still above zero -- barely at +5.
A cold front is when the wind blows 30 to 40 knots from the north and the temp drops 39 degrees in a few hours. Oh and it all comes across a bay so it very humid too. It had killed fish in the past from the temp dropping to fast and trapping them in the shallows..

Thats when its time to go marsh fishing SS, You'll tear em up

Dressing looks good too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom