Cloned beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wittdog said:
My only worry is things have evolved for a reason and diversity of a species is important...

I agree 100% with you... but that's only a "possibility" WITH cloning...no?

Wouldn't there have to be a 100% stop to ANY and ALL other forms of reproduction to have a noticable effect on the "diversity of a species" ?

Cloning goes a LONG ways towards finding cures to illnesses and health problems.

I'm am currently being cloned twice a month...( OMG I'm sure I opened myself up on that one....LOL)... but with the arthritis I have I take injections bi-weekly that literally CLONE a part of my body to fight the type of arthritis I have... the amount of whatever is needed in me is low...so these injections clone and multiply what my body requires...or at least it's trying to meet what I require.

I've been taking them for 3 years now, and I can walk....not all that pretty of a walk...but neither am I...but 3 years ago, I was months from being wheelchair bound, probably for the rest of my life. Improvemnets are very slow coming, but if they continue at the same slow steady speed....I may be near normal...( opened myself up again )...near normal...or at least 75% pain free and functional in another 3-4 years.

Thank GOD for insurance.... @ $6,800 PER shot... within 6 years time...I will literally be a "Million Dollar Man" $1,060,800 to be more specific

Nature VS nuture. Take two cloned cows. Feed one nothing but the best cow chow and the other Aspen leaves. Think they will taste the same? I doubt it.

And it is still cheaper have the Bull and the cow do the thing the way they've been doing it for time immortal than it is to clone in a lab and implant, unless the vet is working very cheap :LOL:

I'd have no problem eating cloned beef, just don't think it's too practical.

Now cloned race horses.......that could be interesting.

DATsBBQ said:
Nature VS nuture. Take two cloned cows. Feed one nothing but the best cow chow and the other Aspen leaves. Think they will taste the same? I doubt it.

And it is still cheaper have the Bull and the cow do the thing the way they've been doing it for time immortal than it is to clone in a lab and implant, unless the vet is working very cheap :LOL:

Yeah but they are very tough if not cooked properly! You have to foil them! :twisted:

Nick Prochilo said:
DATsBBQ said:

Yeah but they are very tough if not cooked properly! You have to foil them! :twisted:

As long you use the new DATsBBQ Snow Mop powder it will be as tender as a sugar beat that's been pressured cooked for 45 minutes.

DATsBBQ said:

Indeed that would not be practical Dats, I think the idea would be to clone only the breeding stock to start a line of more consistent cattle. The actual cattle that went to slaughter would not be the breed stock but the off spring of the cloned cattle. I "Super Line Bred" family of cows if you will. I would eat them.

I also think much of the hoopla comes from many folks who are mistaking Cloned cattle for Genetically modified cattle. I think you would be surprised how an under educated public will confuse the two.

There is much work to be done however. Scientists have had a very difficult time producing cloned animals that are actually healthy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom