Cleaning Up After Grilling Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firefly1

Assistant Cook
One of the unwanted side effects of having an outdoor grill is that I go in and out of my kitchen 300% more than I used to. That means I track in a lot more debris than I used to as well. With winter coming on I can see that I am going to have to find something to clean up my trail without too much bother. Does anyone have a solution for this?

I was thinking about one of those small stick vacs for the closet near the door. If someone made a stick vac with a cleaner in it, that would be ideal but I don't know of anything with both features, does anyone else?

We have linoleum tile in the kitchen. Thanks.

Why do you go in and out so much? In the winter, I throw the food on the grill and come inside. Go out to flip it and come back inside. Go bring it in when it's done and that's it.

In the summer I do go in and out a lot: the cooking sequence, someone else comes out to talk while I am cooking, normal comings and goings. Summer. I hope I won't be coming and going so much in the winter.

Last edited:
If you are taking about winter help... Find some old towels that you don't use and drop them at the door. Take shoes off... Problem solved.

Why do you go in and out so much? In the winter, I throw the food on the grill and come inside. Go out to flip it and come back inside. Go bring it in when it's done and that's it.
That's my way, summer and winter.

Fall and Spring, I go in and out more, so I adapt a version of Greg's towel-on-the-floor method. Those bar towels @ Sam's work well.

BOB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom