Cleaning & Blackening Redfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Ok yall. This is the funeral and cremation of that big redfish I caught on friday. I blackend it the way JB did them catfish in his video. I made one spice mixture and bought the other. Both tasted good. The whole neighborhood was turning on lights and sticking their heads out of the front door smelling the butter fire smell.. The smoke was crazy!!! I think I set off smoke detectors 2 doors down... :shock: .. Fun to do and very intertaining.. A must for the 4th of July... anyway here's some pics and a homemade video...

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="370" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/8148c68f/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/8148c68f/" width="437" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler"></embed></object>

Thats the way to do em. Never try that indoors, unless you have a commercial vent hood.

I'm not a big fish eater but...Fire IS Cool!

Good work man.
peace

Mike Hedrick said:
I'm not a big fish eater but...Fire IS Cool!

Good work man.
peace
Mike. It tastes like a killer steak when it's done man... You can't taste fish at all..Ribeyes of the sea!!!!

Did you wash the grass off before blackening? What about the toe cheese?? LOL

They look great Sapo!

Larry Wolfe said:

They look great Sapo!

lol
I thought at one point he was going to hold down the tail with his foot. And the music was great bro. Jerry Reed?

Larry Wolfe said:

They look great Sapo!
The toe jam is the best part.. It make the stuff taste killer... Grass is the secret spice.. :shock:

Mike Hedrick said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3cuf14tt]Did you wash the grass off before blackening? What about the toe cheese?? LOL

They look great Sapo!

lol
I thought at one point he was going to hold down the tail with his foot. And the music was great bro. Jerry Reed?[/quote:3cuf14tt]Music was Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins..2 awesome pickers!!

Larry Wolfe said:

They look great Sapo!

Is the yellow grass what they call lemon grass? Or do you have a dog?
Mystery seasonings make me nervous.

That was one damned nice sized fish.

Back
Top Bottom