Clams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smokey_Joe said:
If you fear PSP that much, do a tad of research of the area they came from and check to see if they had any "Red Tide" alerts.

PSP is commonly associated with Red Tide........ I know if none recently around here in Massachusetts... a while ago , but none recent.... if you say these were alive/fresh before you froze them..... shouldn't be hard to check.

I've eaten a gazillion clams and never been sick from one........maybe I should consider myself lucky........ or maybe I've built an immunity... kinda like rattlesnake handlers injecting themselves with small amounts of venom...... LOL :!:

Good point, I remember having a red tide problem the last couple of years. Of course if there is a red tide, expect your clams to be quadrupled in price per lb.

jshively said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
jshively said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":212v0pel][quote="Smokey_Joe":212v0pel]Don't waste them on your neighbor.... they should be fine.

They sound fine to me, just watch out for the PSP, which I believe is more common in the summer than winter (paralytic shellfish poisoning) . And I don't mean the handheld Sony version either.

Atlhough the PSP is garbage. Nintendo DS Lite is the only handheld worth a damn.

I have to disagree.....can you download music, watch movies AND access the internet on the Nintendo....didn't think so 8-[[/quote:212v0pel]

Are they still making the PSP DVDs? I heard they were discontinuing those.

I will give the PSP the internet and music which is really cool. However, Super Mario Brothers, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, and Zelda still has my heart.

The PSP games just never really seemed that appealing to me.
[/quote:212v0pel]

I don't know about the PSP movies, the only one I own is Napolean Dynamite. The problem with the PSP movies is that they only release one's that appeal to the people who own PSP's.

If you're into the games only aspect, I would agree, you cant go wrong with old school castlevania, zelda, mario

Captain Morgan said:
ok that pic did it. I'm having clams.

Tomorrow.

After my neighbor says how good they were.

Make sure you get the pics, especially of your neighbor AFTER he eats the clams 8-[

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3uoa7ozk]ok that pic did it. I'm having clams.

Tomorrow.

After my neighbor says how good they were.

Make sure you get the pics, especially of your neighbor AFTER he eats the clams 8-[[/quote:3uoa7ozk]
Depending, I think I could live without that pic.. :grin:

Jim, you're going by hearsay when the person said they were kept on ice and then frozen. Not calling the person a liar, but something as cheap as clams ain't worth risking your health over. Come off a couple bucks and go to a seafood market and get a couple dozen "live" clams, then you know what you're getting. Seeing Woody in the hospital looking like "Blackbeard" was sad enough, I'm not coming to visit you sitting on a bed pan!

Larry Wolfe said:
Jim, you're going by hearsay when the person said they were kept on ice and then frozen. Not calling the person a liar, but something as cheap as clams ain't worth risking your health over. Come off a couple bucks and go to a seafood market and get a couple dozen "live" clams, then you know what you're getting. Seeing Woody in the hospital looking like "Blackbeard" was sad enough, I'm not coming to visit you sitting on a bed pan!

oh, you'd be out in the parking lot drinking beer.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2sixlyh8]Jim, you're going by hearsay when the person said they were kept on ice and then frozen. Not calling the person a liar, but something as cheap as clams ain't worth risking your health over. Come off a couple bucks and go to a seafood market and get a couple dozen "live" clams, then you know what you're getting. Seeing Woody in the hospital looking like "Blackbeard" was sad enough, I'm not coming to visit you sitting on a bed pan!

oh, you'd be out in the parking lot drinking beer.[/quote:2sixlyh8]

Guilty as charged, but I had company...........remember?? 8-[

Back
Top Bottom