Citrus, Part II (just having fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Got up early this morning, no one was awake, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. So I decided to fool around with this Citrus rub. I omitted a couple ingredients, increased a couple ingredients and added a new one. So I got some saltines, spead some Laughing Cow cheese onto them and gave the crackers a sprinkle of the rub. I gave some alot, some a moderate amount and some just a touch. I wanted to see how strong it is on a flavor level and heat level.

The flavors come through alot better than they did when I did the same test with Citrus Part I. Definitely more pronounced citrus flavor and over all flavor with the subtle back heat, kinda like the WR Original. The heat is definitely toned down, but still there. Again this is just from a cracker and cheese test, the true test will be later today when I try it on some chicken legs and a tuna steak. I'll update later on with the results!

My rub tester approved!! She said "Daddy what's on that plate, can I taste", she licked her finger and tasted it. "Wow daddy this stuff is so good"!! Testing complete!!! LOL

Pay attention to the tuna this time. I don't want to hear how you burnt it and your to embarassed to show a picture of it. Also don't leave a single morsel around, I'm expecting you to eat EVERY last bite of that food! :twisted:

Cliff H. said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2g15nndp]
ScottyDaQ said:
Nice !

Thanks Cappy for inventing the cracker test.

You told me about it Scotty!!

Who told Scotty and does it work?[/quote:2g15nndp]

You certainly get to taste all the flavors of the rub doing it this way.

Now gather round now lil childrens.....

My mom used to make a lil snack make with just Triscuits and sliced cheddar. nukes it, and the cheese melts, or gets crispy if left in longer....only takes a couple secs.

I figured that would be a great way to test a rub's flavor, since you got a handy lil serving plate, and something that has some fat, and with it being nuked, something that allows the sugar, spices to heat up and meet with the warm fat of the cheese. Turn out it works pretty darn good.

If you don't have Triscuits, plain torillas would be my second choice.

It happens to be one my son's favorite snacks, and he asks for em all the time. He likes WRO on his the best....Mine's too spicey.

Back
Top Bottom