Circuit City ripoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Got a 50 dollor gift card for Circuit City for Christmas, and since it looks like they are going belly up, I figured Id better use it before it became a coaster. So I went to the store in Fort Myers that had liquidation sale signs everywhere...everything must go...up to 30 % off. Went in and picked out a set of headphones marked at $49.99. I noticed as I shopped around that most of the price tags had been replaced with hand written ones, but not for the headphones. At the checkout, the headphones rang up for $79.99. I told the clerk that the price was $49.99, he told me that since everything was 10 to 30 percent off, they were charging full retail for everything. So, raise the price 20 to 60 percent, then discount it 10 to 30. I raised a stink, got the manager involved and got the headphones for the marked price, but they were adament about not giving me the 10 percent off since i wasn't paying retail...what a scam ! If you'r going in for a "liquidation sale" in your area, know your prices first..potential ripoff !

I talked with a fellow the other day who had worked thru liquidations and he said once the store turns the merchandise over to a liquidator, they raise the price to full retail, then discount from there and the only real deals come in the final few days.

I noticed all their movies were higher than normal price as well. Their service sucks...that's why they'll all be working at McDonalds.

Don't blame ya about being worried over that McRib sandwich. Them thangs are puty good huh? Good new is..you can also get them ribletettas at Applebee's (or least that whut I heard somebody say one time). Now uder that scenario it would be up to the eater as to whether to make it into a sandwich or just eat em straight. Talk about a tough decision..whew :LOL:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom