Cincinnati style chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
img_185116_0_38be8a993c193fa32d9e145d4c8e9eb4.jpg

img_185116_1_0bbcb205e790d679e8af795e651af160.jpg

img_185116_2_dbd5f9f0e8b5055013d11699e2b9ef0a.jpg

img_185116_3_f1ddac6af56fc536b1bf888191f83b6d.jpg

Sorry yall I seldom measure ingrediants
2 lbs ground chuck
1 med onion
1 bell pepper
2 or 5 toes of garlic
1 can diced mators
1 can mator sauce
optional 1 can red beans drained
The following is to taste, Starting with the largest amount used
chili powder
cumin
oregano
paparica
salt
pepper

Looks delicious JB. Had to look up cincinati style as it's pretty much how I make it, so now I know it's the how you serve it part. I'll have to try some on pasta.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
That's some fine there boy. Never did the chili spaghetti thing. Going to have to take that for a test drive soon. :D

Pigs

It reminded me of something they served in school cafaterias down here.
Note: the school cafaterias down here served up some Damm fine meals when I was in school. Them ladies knew how to cook Boy!
I remeber begging for 2nds & 3rds :LOL:

I would look around for the picky eaters too, learning who to sit by for future meals. Then ask em if you aint gonna eat that let me have it. :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3he8mwao]That's some fine there boy. Never did the chili spaghetti thing. Going to have to take that for a test drive soon. :D

Pigs

It reminded me of something they served in school cafaterias down here.
Note: the school cafaterias down here served up some Damm fine meals when I was in school. Them ladies knew how to cook Boy!
I remeber begging for 2nds & 3rds :LOL:

I would look around for the picky eaters too, learning who to sit by for future meals. Then ask em if you aint gonna eat that let me have it. :LOL:[/quote:3he8mwao]
Hay, I did the same. :LOL: If you aint going to eat that sloppy Joe.... ;)

Pigs
Too funny.

Hey Boy..it just dawned on me. Think that Cincinatti chili supposed to have some chocolate and peanut butter nougat in there :shock: Seems like them ingredients might have been accidentally omitted in the recipe narrative. Hopefully you gave it a bunch of cinnamon.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Hey Boy..it just dawned on me. Think that Cincinatti chili supposed to have some chocolate and peanut butter nougat in there :shock: Seems like them ingredients might have been accidentally omitted in the recipe narrative. Hopefully you gave it a bunch of cinnamon.

bigwheel

Your correct Sarge, But I omitted them items. I done it cajun style.

Recipe for politicly correct Cincy chili:

1 lb ground lean sirloin
1 T olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 T chili powder
1/2 c water or beef broth
1.5 t cinnamon
1/4 t ground cloves
1/4 t ground allspice
1.5 T worchestershire sauce
1/2 t salt
1/2 t red chili flakes
1/4 t ground chipotle powder
2 T cocoa powder
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 can of kidney beans, drained & rinsed

toppings:
grated cheddar cheese
finely diced red onion
sour cream

Brown ground beef in the olive oil, along with the onions, garlic and chili powder. When meat is mostly browned, add in remaining ingredients except the kidney beans and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer uncovered for about an 1 hour. Add in kidney beans and simmer on low for another half hour. Serve over spaghetti and top with grated cheese and diced onion.

I hear they use beef hearts in it too :shock:

Ok got it copied now. Will be ready if any good looking ladies from Ohiya come down here wantin some chili like they get back home. Thanks Boy!!

bigwheel

007bond-jb said:
Sorry yall I seldom measure ingrediants
2 lbs ground chuck
1 med onion
1 bell pepper
2 or 5 toes of garlic
1 can diced mators
1 can mator sauce
chili powder
cumin
oregano
paparica
salt
pepper

Hey BOY...Ya'll better stick to suckin the heads off crustaceans and leave the good cooking up to us Yankee Boys. Where's the cocoa boy? Ya can't make Cincinnati chili without cocoa in the recipe...BOY!! :roll:

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="007bond-jb":2940uqnt]Sorry yall I seldom measure ingrediants
2 lbs ground chuck
1 med onion
1 bell pepper
2 or 5 toes of garlic
1 can diced mators
1 can mator sauce
chili powder
cumin
oregano
paparica
salt
pepper

Hey BOY...Ya'll better stick to suckin the heads off crustaceans and leave the good cooking up to us Yankee Boys. Where's the cocoa boy? Ya can't make Cincinnati chili without cocoa in the recipe...BOY!! :roll:[/quote:2940uqnt]

Cocoa is for brownies cookies & cake, Where you been all yer life Boy? :LOL:

You have to have cinnamon in it to make it taste like Skylines chili. A pinch goes a long way too. I think it is an aquired taste that some cant handle. I am like a goat and like just about everything so you know I like CSChilli.
Your recipe looks good BOY!

Y'all forgot the chedder cheese :LOL: Thought I posted a recipe for some I did awhile back but couldn't find it. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom