Christmas Beef Wellington

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I used Tony M's beef Wellington recipe and it came out great. This first pic is a 2.1 pound tenderloin roast from a whole tenderloin I bought at Costco being quickly seared.

Then I made the "paste" with food processed scallion, mushrooms, garlic and port wine which was reduced until most of the moisture was gone.

The proscuitto ham thinly sliced and place on plastic wrap.

Spread on the paste.

All rolled up in the plasic wrap. I chilled it on 8* deck for 10 minutes or so.

The store bought puff pastry is being wrapped around the roast.

The finished wrapping.

Out of the 425* oven at an internal temp of 118*.

Plated with roasted potatoes an roasted brussel sprouts.

This was really tasty and I would do it again. I think the next time I'll do it in the BGE but I didn't want to deal with the snow today. Thanks Tony.

That looks too good. I've been wanting to cook one and your play-by-play made it look doable. Thanks for the pics - we need a damn that looks great emoticon.

dmtky said:
looks really good. how did you do the potatoes and sprouts?

The potatoes were cut into the chunks you see in the pic, tossed in a bowl with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then put into the 425* oven with the roast. The sprouts were cut in half and the same oil, salt, and pepper treatment as the spuds. And added to the oven in spud cookie sheet after about 20 minutes. The roast came out to rest and the spuds and sprouts were put under the broiler for five, or so, minutes until the desired color. Really easy.

That looks outstanding Griff. My wife and son have been hounding me for Beef Wellington since they started watching Hell's Kitchen. We'll definitely try this one!

Back
Top Bottom